Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

In North America (at least) bread is slang for money. For instance, you might hear someone on the street say: "Man that Priester dude has a lot'a bread" - they would not be refering to Gary's big loaf of pumpernickel! Therefore the ancestor who gave the family the name 'Chlieb', might well have been really rich.

Oh and have you ever heard the great (now classic) music of the band Chlieb? (I'm refering to the great American band Bread. The link takes you to Amazon.Com - note all the little clips of Bread's hits).

Regards, Ross -- All this bread talk is making me hungry [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] --

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Roman,
    There is a brand of bread in the US called Roman Meal Bread! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also my maiden name is Rice. If I had married into your family the kids name would be Rice-Bread.

Judi

My Stuff

Our close relatives are called Pekarovi = Baker's. My mothers friend is Mrs.Sunikova = (Sunka = Ham). Just the butter is missing. ;-)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ivan louette:
    I like japanese family crests very much and think their use of black and white (or filled and empty) shapes is amazing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ivan,

you are right, the japanese family crests are usually black / white (or blue / white when printed on cloth).

But the Koreans use very colorful patterns.

I found a link which reminds me of Judi's approach: pattern on
    Korean wrapping cloth.

Here are some more Korean patterns ... and here.