Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 3D Plugins

Anyone know where I can download some free 3D maker plugins. I have the Adobe Photoshop Limited Edition and I will be upgrading to the full version in about a monk or 2. I am just looking for something to make 3D images with ie.. Like this that I made with a trial version of another 3d maker plug-in.
    http://cgof.freeservers.com/img2.jpg

Any help or references to some great 3D and drop shadow plugins would be great
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Forbidden
    Host: [212.1.148.213] ppp-1-213.cvx4.telinco.net
    You do not have permission to access http://cgof.freeservers.com/img2.jpg
    Data files must be stored on the same site they are linked from.

Thank you for using FreeServers<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure someone here can answer your questions, but they're not going to be able to see your image unless you post it here as an attachment (see 'options' at bottom of 'reply' window).

How many different forums did you post this in, Conen? Just two?

Hope someone can help!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>
    IP

I posted reply in the 3D forum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Sorry new to boards and thought that it was a 3D question also [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Anyway I am just looking for a Bevel Contour Plugin to use for text and pictures in Adobe. I currently have the LE addition but will upgrade to full version soon.
    Here is a pic of some text that has been Beveled with Adobe.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

Me too I have LE, and I suppose you can easily achieve the result you look for in PS6.

Still, I wouldn't upgrade for this reason as it is really a vector approach.

I did the following in Xara X in less than 30seconds (but this is NO attempt to influence your choice), trying to find the same atmosphere as your example:

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.
    IP

Hehe Funny you mention Xara [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I just downloaded the Trail version last night [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Very nice program indeed.
    Just a quick question though. Why can I not take pictures from Adobe and bring them to Xara and manipulate them? I cannot import any pics to Xara and say Bevel them or shadow or anything [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] It will only shadow the whole page and not the pic on the page.

Thank you for the quick reply's though [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi again, Conen.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Just a quick question though. Why can I not take pictures from Adobe and bring them to Xara and manipulate them? I cannot import any pics to Xara and say Bevel them or shadow or anything It will only shadow the whole page and not the pic on the page.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you been trying to manipulate the 'separate' parts of an Adobe image in Xara?

Photoshop images are bitmaps. You can import a bitmap to Xara and bevel its edges to create a kind of frame, but you can't pick out text (for example) and bevel that because it's all part of the same bitmap. However, the kind of effects you want are (as Erik has pointed out) so easy to create from scratch as vector graphics in Xara that I'd recommend buying both programs anyway. (At the budget you quoted in another thread, I can't see Xara's price being a major obstacle!)

As for posting your question in two forums, that was perfectly fair and you've got answers in both. I only mentioned it in case there was anywhere else you wanted to post your image (seeing how the link didn't work)...

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>
    IP