Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Just checked. THe LE version route is a bit pricey. It would be 499 to upgrade to PS6. Ouch

Be careful buying previously opened copies. It is often difficult to get them transferred over. You will need to get the person that owned the software to sign something saying that they will no longer upgrade and that they are signing over soul rights to use the software to you. It can be done...Adobe has forms for this...you just need to fax them back to them. ALthough it can take a while and a few phone calls.
    IP

I needed a scanner and chose for an Epson 1640 Photo. Photoshop 5LE came with it. It is already registered, so now I have (limited) rights(huh!?) to post on this Forum. I'll compare the possibilities with my biblebook on PS6. Curious to see the difference.

Sing with me (Oliver): Consider yerself at 'ome; consider yerself one o'the family...
    IP

Limited rights??

yah, guess so [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I actually have no idea what the difference is in the LE and the regular version. Do you get the filters with it?
    IP

Please sir may I have more.{Oliver}

Stu [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

I've read on the Adobe PSLE forum that this software is a stripped down version of PS5.
    You can only undo once, for example, and you have no real professional printing options like CMYK.
    But you have filters, lots of them. I can make a list of them if you want to.

At:

http://www.pacific.adobe.com/product...otoshople.html

you can download the free Classroom in a book in PDF for PSLE, with the artwork as a separate file for both Mac and PC. If you're interested to know about LE.

Unfortunately, I cannot compare in real what the difference is (only in price...)
    BUT: 1/ I can get the "feel" and am already addicted
    2/ Whenever I have the money to upgrade later this year, I still have to cough up a lot of dollars (let's hope he'll go down by that time) but I'll have a good scanner for free for the money I'd pay for the full version (which is too much for me).

So: me be very 'appy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

i scanned in some $aus5 and added some blood effect and was wondering which you think is the better of the 2-Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$5no2.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	7270  
    IP

i will also post some other cool things i have made and would like your opinion

Name:	lightnin2_copy.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	19284  
    IP

i will also post some other cool things i have made and would like your opinion

Name:	metal_copy.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	7076  
    IP

sorry but i would like to know what other ppl think cos i dont really know n e one else that is interested in this stuff

Name:	wood.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	2148  
    IP

Hello Lynn,

I think you have raised a very interesting point here. Sele educated people are so afraid that something is missing with their learning process, while they could be reaching a very good stage in using Photoshop.

I do always encourge my students to bring that self effort to the maximum.

Meanwhile I invite you to this great Photoshop site where everybody is ready and willing to help and learn.

Ammar

Adobe Certified Expert: Photoshop
    Member: National Association of Photoshop Professionals
    IP