Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi everyone
    I learn the Photoshop from some books, so I want the practice side and I tried to follow you in this site but you are speaking about many things I don’t know how to make it.
    So if there is any site make training to people like me, Pls. Give me the address.
    IP

Hi everyone
    I learn the Photoshop from some books, so I want the practice side and I tried to follow you in this site but you are speaking about many things I don’t know how to make it.
    So if there is any site make training to people like me, Pls. Give me the address.
    IP

IP

IP

IP

There are some good links there Mark. I went thru the aqua button pro tutorial on photoshop.com. Even though the tutorial was a little sparse on details, the results were very good. Will have to try writing a script for this...I really like the effect.

Beth

[This message was edited by Beth Mohler on March 21, 2001 at 02:08 PM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aqua_button.jpg 
Views:	2123 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	14312  
    IP

do not take this as a criticism (who am I to criticize?) but there is something wrong, in my opinion with the text. It is obviously not on the bottom of the aquamarine waterdrop (beautiful, must be beautiful in magenta too...) but it isn't on top of it either. In fact, it seems to flatten the whole thing. My opinion...

But the drop effect is marvellous. And it is very stimulating to see that you pro's still try out tutorials. Great. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Hey Erik, please dont worry about critisizing my work. I dont take it personally at all. When you go to art college, you get pretty used to going thru the critiques (where everyone sits around and comments on your stuff). No offense taken.

The faint drop shadow under the text is what makes it appear like the text is floating. But I did not intend that this was a dropet over top of text...more like a plastic button with the text embedded inside the plastic. Check out www.apple.com , they use these buttons as their interface for their website. And you are right about the magenta. The orange is pretty cool too.

If I was doing a water droplet, I think it would have to be clear and show the distortion as light passes thru it. Funny how we all think that water is blue...when it doesnt have any colour at all...it just reflects the colour of what is around. The droplet would also have to be fairly flat looking too due to the surface tension. Hmmm

your homework for the day is....

Beth
    IP

Hi guys.

Try using warp text and the bulge setting,it will conform to the curvature of the button better with a bit of messing around.

Stu. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

do take a look at the Mac gelly topic on the XaraX forum.
    I don't know how easy/difficult it is in Photoshop, but this is, as often, unbelievable.
    IP