Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hi
    I've download the Template Pack several times with different modem settings and on other computers here, and allways corrupt file (approximatelly 5% from being full file)

The main reason I bought it was because I needed it this weekend.

I guess I'll just have to download that Template Pack another 100 times, and maybe I'll have what I allready paid for

My connection is so slow (1 - 4 kb per second 56k EXT new Robotics v92)Modem

I never have any trouble downloading large files(upwards of 50 megs) I just have to wait all day for them... So it leaves you to wander what Xara's FTP problem is

Could someone please tell me anything, any thing would be a comfort right now

hi
    I've download the Template Pack several times with different modem settings and on other computers here, and allways corrupt file (approximatelly 5% from being full file)

The main reason I bought it was because I needed it this weekend.

I guess I'll just have to download that Template Pack another 100 times, and maybe I'll have what I allready paid for

My connection is so slow (1 - 4 kb per second 56k EXT new Robotics v92)Modem

I never have any trouble downloading large files(upwards of 50 megs) I just have to wait all day for them... So it leaves you to wander what Xara's FTP problem is

Could someone please tell me anything, any thing would be a comfort right now

I will see if I have the template packs at work, and email them to you...

hey thanks, that would be awesome of you...

I think my email is 1 meg limit, but I can give you my Outlook box email by way of message here if you wouldnt mind, and or maybe you could break it up into pieces(zips) or something.

I would highly appreciate it and owe you.

I noticed they are zip self-extraction files.
    So I manually extracted a few downloads and combined them in order to grow the Pack back to full size(the files are ok, just some missing and no file list).
    If I knew how many files and folders were in each of the 3 folders, then I will know when I have the complete Package and not have to work on it any longer.

Below is what I have so far:
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Backgrounds---276 files-----9 folders
    Fonts----------15 files------0 folders
    Misc Navbars---2,417 files---0 folders
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Can someone tell me what their totals are?
    Thanks

Hi Vtol,

Here is what I have in the zip file...

Backgrounds---276 files-----9 folders
    Fonts----------15 files------0 folders
    Misc Navbars---2,502 files---0 folders

According to xara, this template pack will not work with the trail version...

"Note, these will not work in the Menu Maker trial version." - Xara Ltd.

Here is the directory list of what you should have...

Ummm... Vtol,

I have the 3 meg file broken down into 4 1 meg files. I was going to send you a part or two... but...

You do not have an email listed... Tsk, tsk...

email me at raynerj1@no.spam.sucking.pigs.rap.midco.net (just delete the no spam sucking pigs)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks John:
    heres the file list I need, and I appreciate all that files research you did to get the list

you can email it here: (any filesize below)
    ****@*****.****sites.com

(I emailed support, but that usualy takes weeks to get answer, dont know about Xara)

Thanks again...
    Attached Files Attached Files

"I appreciate all that files research you did to get the list " - Vtol

No problem... I just unzipped the install to a directory, then ran a little app I have that throws all the info into a txt file. The hardest problem was taking the full path out of it and adding the "..". Just a simple cntrl-h (find and replace)in wordpad.

I think I got everything on your wish list emailed to you. I sure hope you pruchased this, cause I would rather help xara and not get in trouble with em... At least it is not the full template pack. Might have given away $15 in software... oh my...

Thanks again John
    I got your email same time I got support full pack in my email
    I used to use the DOS dir command to get folder listings into a text file with the old pipe command, but now I write my own utilitys to do much more advanced helper type stuff.
    If you need or use that directory listing procedure a lot, I could take the time to make you a small simple utility that would ask you to input the first say 25 charactors to replace with the 2 dots and forward slash.
    As far as me being a thief, no, I'm one of those few poor (not so smart)old skool christians that pay for everything they can Heres about all the proof of Purchase I can show i think...

I allways get a screen shot of any information I can when buying something online, in case the seller is fraudulant. Thanks for removing the files on this post, it could help hackers to get a free copy
    regards.. and thanks again for all your help, hope I can help in return somehow

You can pay me back by mastering the program, and helping out other lesser skilled and computer savy folks that run into a problem here or there. I just might pick up something useful myself. I pick up plenty of usefull tidbits in the other forums here.

I was not doubting your word when you said you bought it, I was just covering my backside with xara. I love their software and try my best to further the cause...

Typically, I sling the code and just purchased MM for quickie examples for clients. When you sling your own code, it is so hard to use a wysiwyg program. It feels so paint by numberish... you loose so much control, and it is extremely hard to "color outside the lines".