Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Logo

Thanks to all your support over the past few years I am now frustrated with the logo I use for my own business.

I would greatly appreciate your comments on the attached. Version A is the current one. There is no real visual tie between the logo and the company, it excludes the option of sub-brands as in B2, it does not describe the business (other than owl-wise-wisdom which was the original idea). And my business coach urges a yellow/gold/orange colour as it is associated with respect etc.

Thanks

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	options.gif 
Views:	823 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	9896  
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Thanks to all your support over the past few years I am now frustrated with the logo I use for my own business.

I would greatly appreciate your comments on the attached. Version A is the current one. There is no real visual tie between the logo and the company, it excludes the option of sub-brands as in B2, it does not describe the business (other than owl-wise-wisdom which was the original idea). And my business coach urges a yellow/gold/orange colour as it is associated with respect etc.

Thanks

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

The owl does not seem to know where to perch.

Is there some way you can integrate the owl with the D in Design. That is, have the owl perching on the D and become part of the design.

I like the simplified version of the owl better.

My other suggestion is to look at placing the owl between the two words e.g. TLA |owl|Design.

The owl needs to be achored to something. At present he is too flighty http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

I agree wuith Gary - could the view of the owl be changed?

How about viewing the owl face on with its wings open, as if in mid-flight? Then the wingspan could become an "underline" or a "hat" (are there proper words for this?) for the text. Perhaps the owl's head could even poke up through the middle of the two words, like GP suggetsed.

I think the whole owl image is best served as a bird, rather than an icon - flight suggests elevation, elation, success - the owl, obviously, and as you said, wisdom. But I feel that an owl sitting there like that can look a little contrived (no offence meant by this) - and I would associate that image with something a little more studious, but not in a good way.

Or...

I thought the owl could perch on top of the T - maybe give it some talons with which to grip onto its seat?

Hope I haven't spoken out of place.

Tobyboy.

I'll work on your ideas today.

"Hope I haven't spoken out of place." - certainly not; that's why I post here. I work on my own and having a source of frank and helpful comments and advice is invaluable.

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

I think my vote here is for the bottom one - F.

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Name:	owl2.gif 
Views:	715 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	2276  
    Simon
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Simon, have you tried putting the owl behind the D with it's head hanging over the front?

Mickie

I prefer the owl in C and D - what if the owl came at the beginning of the logo, and seemd to me the momentum behinf the italicised font?

Just a thought...

Tobyboy.

Here's my rough suggestion for your logo...

I personally try to steer clear of "exotic" typefaces when designing corporate stuff and I often find that simple black text plus a single colour ends up giving the maximum impact.

I have (very) quickly stylized your owl to make it more "designerish", but it could use a bit more work.

Anyhow, if nothing else, it may give you some more ideas. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

-- stratocast

Name:	logo_(TLA).gif 
Views:	663 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	7969  
    -- Bob

I wil ltry moving the owl to the start; it would make sense with the italic font - pushing it.

And I like stratocast's ideas. I will stick with the red but have another look at fonts. The simplified owl looks good too.

Sometimes I wish XaraX was slow - it would force one to play with a smaller number of options!

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk