Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Logos R Me

I think 1 has the best balance of ethnicity and sophistication, followed by 7. I'd use 7 if the houses were going to be built in a traditional style. 5 would be good for a modern style development because it's uncluttered and conveys the impression of space, hills and sky. I like the cuteness of 6 but it might be a bit frivolous as a corporate logo. 4 reminds me of signs for tourist attractions and could be used if the development had some sort of visitor centre. 3 would be good if there was a lake because Kokopelle's legs below the wavy line plus the sun and blue sky makes me think of seaside holiday brochures. 2 just says "Xara" to me because it uses a classic Xara style. 8 is simple and direct but too neutral for my taste.

Regards - Sean

[This message was edited by Sean Sedwards on April 22, 2002 at 02:49.]
    Regards - Sean

... number one, then 3, 5 and 8.

In 2 and 7 the text is not enough readable.
    4 is too "heavy" for me.
    6 is a good concept... but i'm quite sure i've allready seen someting similar.

BTW, great panel of logo designs ;-)

..3 is by far my favourite. Its fresh, inviting and very appealing (and will work well in all formats, ie black and white for fax, small on business cards, large on.. whatever(!) with no loss of detail, impact or identity).

But I like colour and it all depends what the housing development company "views" are. For something more conservative I would choose no.1 although I, personally, am not so sure about using the three colours in the text (by the way, I love this font - what is it?)

They are all great though.

Mags

I like those the best. 6 looks too much like the roadrunner logo on you makeover site [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] 4 could use a little more color variation like 3. Maybe make the crazy flute guy the same color as the text in 3 (blue or green).

Good logos as always!!!!

One thing I always wondered is why we don't use the "poll" feature for our logo suggestions. This would allow us to get a very quick view of what our favorites are. The verbal suggestions are just as important, however, you can see the favorites without weeding through all the posts. Just a suggestion.

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski

Hi Gary, great work again!

I'd have to go for 3 as well. It was the one that jumped off the screen for me, ie I noticed it first sort of thing. It is the colours, they put me in mind of adobe buildings with the orange-brown colour, and sun and sky with the blue and yellow and the layout is great. Although 5 and 8 are similar in style I like 3's colours best. The wiggley line could be seen as water, although it puts me in mind of hills due to the green colour. Maybe if the curves were more accentuated in the middle than the ends it would highten this effect. But that might not work so well (composition wise) as the shape you already have.

My second choice would be no 1, I really like the stone texture. But overall no 1 doesn't quite have the same 'warmth' as no 3.

I like the photos used in 2 and 4, (you have some beautiful photos!) and also the font used in 4. And I like the movement suggested in 4 and 5 with the position of the 'mans' legs running. Maybe the design of the 'man' in 4 would also look good in 3's layout?

Tricky choice as usual, good stuff Gary!

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

You folks are really good at providing excellent and very helpful feedback.

Thanks a bunch.

By way of explanation. All the figures and animals are based on actual pertroglyphs that are found carved and painted on rocks in the area. The flute player, Kokepelli (check Soquili's post for the correct spelling). I did some modification of the images. Most of the male figures of the running flute player were very unmistakable male, if you take my meaning, and I made them less anatomically correct.

And no Dale, I am not auditioning spellings for Anasazi. I best get off line now and correct my gaffs.

Gary

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone