Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

A friend who has an older Macintosh visited a web site I just completed and said he cannot read any of the type except for one line on the Contact Us page.

If it is not asking too much, can you visit
    PlacitasHomes.com and tell me if you have any trouble reading the text.

And if you have problems can you tell me the browser and version you are using (e.g. Internet Explorer 5.5, Netscape 6.x, etc.)

I really appreciate it.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I use IE 5.1 and I'm not experiencing any problems with this site.
    Well done Gary [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hi Gary,

zero problems with your site and Internet Explorer 6 - nice work, as always.

Regards, Ernst

Hello Gary, I'm using Mozilla 1.0, at 1280 x 1024, and have no trouble reading the text or viewing the photographs.
    I agree with weldorman, the links are hard to read when the mouse is over them, but otherwise it is fine. I had always planned to retire to Dunkeld (a very picturesque part of Scotland), but Placitas is looking good!
    Mike

Michael J. Sims

Thanks for your reply about the rules, Gary.

I also appreciate very much your use of colors and simplicity.

Kindly,
    ivan

Ivan

I am not sure why that rule is doing that. Here is how it is supposed to look and how it does look in IE 6.0.

(This is at the bottom of the Real Estate Matters page--does anyone else see this with the rules displaying over the photo?)

The rules are mostly symbols from the Adobe Giddy Up Thangs (Western speak for Things and Giddy Up is what you say to a horse to make him or her run). I made the cacti rules and the cowboy hats rules.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1001.jpg 
Views:	592 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	7181  

I've noticed that the 'Top of Page' gif/rollover is not working correctly.

The gif only appears when I place my cursor over it and then it shows a small red x in the corner (over the gif) when I remove the cursor.

I'm using IE 5.0.

Turan

Pauly,

I don't think it's a fault...at your top resolution, you are probably exceeding the maximum resolution of your LCD display. Since the display drivers know the max resolution of the display, windows cleverly allows you to have a desktop of a much higher resolution but only shows you what it can in a scrollable window which is automatically moved by your mouse reaching the edges of the display.

Some graphics cards I've had made a feature of this - you could have huge desktops but you could only see a part it at any one time and it would scroll as you moved the mouse to the edges. Made me feel ill though!

I'm sure that's what you're seeing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

Gary

The rules look OK on my system - IE 5.5, but I think it is the use of tables on the page that can make some problems.

The rules are placed in dedicated "floating" embedded tables between the other text and pictures in the main tables cell. I think it would have been better to place the contents in dedicated cells in the main table. This way you would will not get conflicts between the spacing in the main cell and embedded tables.

The first table (the menu) on the top of the page seems wider than the second (main table). Perhaps it is a better to only have one main table, and embed tables inn cells when necessary.

Gary, I've tried it with both Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator. Looks fine. The only weakness, the light blue on the rollover buttons might be a bit difficult to see - maybe if I cleaned my glasses ... Great site! - Neil