Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's just a problem with older (Mac) browsers. I'd just @import the CSS (at least for the bits that won't work in older browsers) and really font sizes should be defined in 'em's in my experience [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Good Mac browser chart here...
    http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/...index_mac.html

...with links to windows and unix versions.

Should fix it.

I also point people to the WaSP site here:
    http://www.webstandards.org/act/campaign/buc/

Hope this helps,
    R

Richard

www.graphitedesign.net
    www.richardcassidy.com
    design | graphitedesign.net
    photography | richardcassidy.com

...and charming site, Gary! I use Netscape 6.2 and my wide monitor definition is 1600 x 1024, and I don't have any problem to read the texts.
    I have only a little problem with the placement of an image (see my attachment) which is overlaid with the charming little gif banner. I love these banners; are they made of brushes and could you post these brushes in the "Xone" for the pleasure of allof us?

Kindly,
    ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	15394  

Ivan

I am not sure why that rule is doing that. Here is how it is supposed to look and how it does look in IE 6.0.

(This is at the bottom of the Real Estate Matters page--does anyone else see this with the rules displaying over the photo?)

The rules are mostly symbols from the Adobe Giddy Up Thangs (Western speak for Things and Giddy Up is what you say to a horse to make him or her run). I made the cacti rules and the cowboy hats rules.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1001.jpg 
Views:	589 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	7181  

Thanks for your reply about the rules, Gary.

I also appreciate very much your use of colors and simplicity.

Kindly,
    ivan

Gary

The rules look OK on my system - IE 5.5, but I think it is the use of tables on the page that can make some problems.

The rules are placed in dedicated "floating" embedded tables between the other text and pictures in the main tables cell. I think it would have been better to place the contents in dedicated cells in the main table. This way you would will not get conflicts between the spacing in the main cell and embedded tables.

The first table (the menu) on the top of the page seems wider than the second (main table). Perhaps it is a better to only have one main table, and embed tables inn cells when necessary.

Hi Gary,

zero problems with your site and Internet Explorer 6 - nice work, as always.

Regards, Ernst

Gary, I've tried it with both Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator. Looks fine. The only weakness, the light blue on the rollover buttons might be a bit difficult to see - maybe if I cleaned my glasses ... Great site! - Neil

Sheesh, I cannot read those rollevers either. What could I have been thinking???

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I love the site...you have out done yourself again!!!!!

Now, I bumped up the resolution (screen area) from 1024 x 768, then to 1280 x 1024, then to 1400 x 1050, and finally to 1600 x 1200. The site looked remarkable on all the resolutions except for the 1600 x 1200. Your site had the same problem that Ivan pointed out. Weird? Well, besides that problem, I no longer had the Windows taskbar, I could not see the top bar of anything (where the menus reside, the windows buttons, etc). I thought weird. I moved my mouse to the bottom of the screen and the screen started scrolling up till I could now see the taskbar. I did the same to find the menu bar at the top and then again to the left to see your site correctly. Does this make sense????? Cause it does not to me.

It appears to be either a Windows problem, or a graphics card problem at the higher resolution. I personally would not worry about it. Though this is weird!

I am running Windows 2000 (on a Sony Vaio laptop...yuck), IE 5.5, with some ATI Card with 16MB video memory...it's a work PC. When I leave work sometime tonight (more like in the morning), I can check my home PC. I have XP Pro and a GeForce 2 card.

As far as CSS problems...I have used this for CSS:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    <style type="text/css" media="screen">@import "css/layout.css";</style></pre>

Older browsers ignore the @import and lay the page out with default styles, fonts, etc. This means that you would have to class EVERYTHING and do not use any CSS in the HTML itself.

Hope some of this helps...

Pauly

What your experiencing is IE's full screen display. You can toggle between full screen and normal by pressing F11. Full screen display gets rid of all the IE "furniture" as well as the task bar, which reappear if you move the mouse to top or bottom of the screen.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host