Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Me....

I think you need a new image to put through the drills. Ok, let me have it...lol
    It's supposedly a self protrait...http://creationsbydawn.net/showoff/sm-myself.jpg
    IP

I think you need a new image to put through the drills. Ok, let me have it...lol
    It's supposedly a self protrait...http://creationsbydawn.net/showoff/sm-myself.jpg
    IP

Dawn!

Welcome back!

please please please if you have the time or inclination would you fix the links to your images. they are so lovely. It's a shame to see a broken link box below your posts.

and re: your self portrait

Wow!!!

I like it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

thank you for being brave and posting a self portrait that is so lovely.

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] i think i got the spelling of portrait correct this time. Thank God for revisionist history!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on July 24, 2001 at 18:58.]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Thanks Athena, I usually take the images down after they been up for awhile. I just never got into the habit of letting them there...Sorry...
    IP

ok I leave my monitor on all the time. (my computer too for that matter)

and when I first saw your portrait I thought the highlight on the forehead was too bright. but now more than 30 min later, I look at this and the highlight seems just right.

I'm guessing this is a lesson in letting the image settle into the monitor?

800X600x32 *shrug*

hehe yes I use 800x600 to read important things like the forum. Maybe when I get a 21 or 22 inch monitor I'll switch to 1024x768 (which does happen to be my preferred resolution for working in painter).

ok Ciao!

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Very nice toning and lighting [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The tonal range and lighting make your head look very 3d almost photographic.And the speculars look like the reflection you would get from porcelain.Actually when I first saw this image I was not sure if you had used a bitmap of a poercelain head because of the excellent toning blends [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.
    IP

Hi Dawn,

Very nice drawing. Doing portraits on a computer is difficult. You have done an excellent job. The tones in the face make it very real, and the hair is great.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I prefer the fishie

If you don't restore the fishie to its rightful home I'll have to get Panfer's floaty coffin shaman to pay you a dream visit.

Thelonious
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skull.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	4473  
    IP

Now you have me scared to death Thelonious....Got to get out my fishing line and some bait. Maybe I can hook him again...
    IP

Him?
    I thought that was a girl fishie.

T
    IP