Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skin colour

I never had the impression of being offended because, like I stated earlier, you pointed out something I hadn't thought of.

Of course Prepress is important but where I live, DTP and printers only agree about two things: Mac and Illustrator. Words like Freehand or CorelDRAW are considered blasphemy, and then I do not even dare to utter the word PC...
    In my opinion there is only one thing important: how can I "materialise" as exact as possible my inspiration. And there we meet, because you think the same.

But there is also the web where everything stays in RGB, and where there are millions of people watching images with monitors that are too dark, too red,...etc. Where Microsoft and Netscape wage a browser war, etc. Here too you need lay-out and composition, but the problems cannot be solved as exactly as in the printing process.

I come from a background of Typo, cilinder-press and leaden fonts. Things did change fast-too fast. After several centuries of craftmanship, you now have computer controlled presses that require more of an engineer that a printer. Things di change a lot since Apple released the Mac with the words: 1984 will never be the same anymore. And boy: were they right!

So please: I am grateful that you read the topics so attentively that you can ask intelligent questions and point out the weak spots. How else can we learn from each other? "Wow, that's great", "you're the best" etc. never helped anyone, except perhaps with his superficial ego-problems.
    I would find it a bad thing if you stopped asking questions and making remarks, ok?

Friends, ERIK [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.
    IP

Thanks Eric. We are in the same train, at the same time. I appreciate it.

I forgot to tell you that I like the effects you created in those images. Thanks for the tips.

Best regards
    IP