Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: PS 6.01

I discovered yesterday that adobe.com has a long-awaited PS 6.01 update! So go get it - it fixes a number of smaller things.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP

I discovered yesterday that adobe.com has a long-awaited PS 6.01 update! So go get it - it fixes a number of smaller things.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP

Thanks Klaus

Heres more info if anyone wants it.
    One concern is that there was an incorrect version of the update posted on Adobes site. It was only up for a week (and I think before the update was officaially announced). The correct version is there now.

Windows version:
    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/880e.htm

Significant fixes in the 6.0.1 Macintosh release include the following:
    - The painting tool brush picker has new usability improvements:
    * Enter brings up and dismisses the preset picker at the current mouse location.
    * Double-clicking a brush in the picker selects the brush and dismisses the picker.
    * The current brush is always highlighted in the preset picker.
    * The First Brush and Last Brush keyboard shortcuts (> and <) work regardless of whether the current brush exactly
    matches a preset brush.
    - Image clipping paths in EPS and TIFF files saved from Photoshop 6.0.1 have been modified so that other software, such as QuarkXPress, is able to read them.
    - ImageReady is able to save and preview animations under constrained memory conditions.
    - There is no slow-down of performance when files in the Open Recent list are unavailable.
    - Batch file naming works correctly.
    - Export Paths to Illustrator retains path scaling.
    - Using certain tools (such as move, marquee, or lasso) after using the Open, Save, and Print commands no longer generates a Program Error dialog.
    - Selecting a single color in Color Range now works correctly.
    - Online help is accessible for more Web browser configurations.
    - New Japanese character map (CMap) files are included to resolve conflicts with ImageStyler 1.0 and PageMaker 6.5.2 Plus.
    - Memory usage is better on all Windows operating systems; the network should no longer become unavailable when Photoshop is running.
    - Showing and hiding edges for a selection no longer requires pressing Ctrl+H twice.

Macintosh version:
    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/880a

Significant fixes in the 6.0.1 Macintosh release include the following:
    - The painting tool brush picker has new usability improvements including:
    * Enter brings up and dismisses the preset picker at the current mouse location.
    * Double-clicking a brush in the picker selects the brush and dismisses the picker.
    * The current brush is always highlighted in the preset picker.
    * The current brush indicator always displays the brush size.
    * The First Brush and Last Brush keyboard shortcuts (> and <) work regardless of whether the current brush exactly matches a preset brush.
    - Image clipping paths in EPS and TIFF files saved from Photoshop 6.0.1 have been modified so that software, such as QuarkXPress, is able to read them.
    - ImageReady is able to save and preview animations under constrained memory conditions.
    - There is no slow-down of performance when files in the Open Recent list are unavailable.
    - Batch file naming works correctly.
    - Export Paths to Illustrator retains path scaling.
    - The Contextual Menu system extension no longer needs to be installed in order to use the toolbar flyout menus.
    - Photoshop 6.0.1 will remove old Photoshop temporary or scratch files if the operating system has failed to do so.
    - Selecting a single color in Color Range now works correctly.
    - New Japanese character map (CMap) files are included to resolve conflicts with ImageStyler 1.0 and PageMaker 6.5.2 Plus.
    Showing and hiding edges for a selection no longer requires pressing Command+H twice.
    IP

I was wondering about that stupid "pressing Ctrl+H 2x to hide the selection"! aaagh! that was driving me nutz!
    I was beginning to think it was just me and something i was doing differently or something... differently. Doh! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thanks for the upDated news.

Mark...
    IP

Funny, I did not figure out that ctrl/command H thing was even a bug. Since I rarely look at the keyboard, I just chalked it up to poor keyboard skills. This is one of the weirdest bugs Ive seen.

Beth
    IP

I didn't realise it was photoshop doing it either, I thought that I would have to give up these all night photoshop sessions. Because I use a pen I just thought my hand brain co-ordination was Kaput
    IP