Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Hybrid View

Hi - my name's Derek - I'm the business development manager for Xara - my main task is to set up a network of resellers/distributors worldwide.

I'm looking for a favour <grin, wink wink>. Actually, I'm after 2 <sheesh!>

Can you email me : derekh@xara.com with the names of 3 resellers (online or physical) you'd like to see any or all the Xara titles for sale.

Also next time you speak with your reseller can you ask them if they sell Xara - if they tell you that they don't...ask them why! tell them to stock it!

We're aiming to get Xara to where it should be so this means having our products available everywhere. I'm talking to a lot of resellers already (a fair number have signed up) but with your help we should get the recognition we deserve.

Thanks. Derek

Found it back: www.softline.de
    They do sell English versions of apps. and are quite cheap compared to mumble grumble. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

By the way: I found something I would like to see included in the next Xara: mathematical curves. These are quite beautiful and not easy to draw with the usual tools. We already mentioned the different spiral types like DRAW has, but I'm also talking about helixes, trapeziums, parallelograms, diamonds, kites, cissoids, cycloids, cog wheels and eventually even a formula function. An arc would also be handy...

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on April 26, 2002 at 10:13.]

Wow not very often a help message also shows a smiley face [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yeah I suppose in Canada, Futureshop and staples. Or maybe

http://www.compusmart.com/

Their stores http://www.compusmart.com/OurStores....g4n1w323426986

Never been there myself as they have decided my region of the world to be unworthy of a store [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] ... ah well back to futureshop with its loud booming home entertainment systems and fridges cluttering up the aisles on the way to the rather meagre selection of graphics software [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Seems to be quite a few Atlantic Canadians here on the boards so don't forget about us (although having it shipped from you was no problem at all)

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

For Portugal:

SECTORZERO is a mail-order company that works in Portugal. It has several products from graphik applications to utilities etc and it´s a big advertiser too.
    E-mail: info@sectorzero.pt
    Web: http://www.sectorzero.pt
    Tel:351 210 300 300

and

FNAC
    E-mail: recepcaopriorvelho@fnac.pt

Somebody else already mentioned Best Buy for here in the states, but I'd also recommend contacting a chain called Fry's Electronics. They have a new store in Houston that's like, literally, three times bigger than any Best Buy I've ever seen.

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joroho:
    Somebody else already mentioned Best Buy for here in the states, but I'd also recommend contacting a chain called Fry's Electronics. They have a new store in Houston that's like, literally, three times bigger than any Best Buy I've ever seen.

.joroho.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fry's also bought out Outpost.com

They also do not have a very good reputation. Let the buyer beware.

Ich bin ein New Yorker
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

This one is also popular in Belgium

http://www.exell.be/

ivan

sells all kinds of software including CorelDraw, Photoshop, Flash etc...
    They advertise trough a catalogue that is distributed nationally...

programmersparadise.ca

Dan Fournier
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

Although I already mailed it to Derek, I'll add here tha in Belgium and France, FNAC is a big reseller. They do sell software in English, at least in Belgium, dunno about France.
    Unfortunately I lost all my favourites but I'll try to find back this big online reseller in Germany. (much cheaper than here in B. with that 2&3ç0)88§88!!! 21%VAT...)

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

PC World is an icon for the UK.

Turan

PS I take it the next version is free for the first 10 people to help out with this marketing thing :-)