Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I work in a treatment centre for people with alcohol, drug, gambling and/or sex addictions, and/or eating disorders. It's sort of the Canadian equivalent of the Betty Ford Centre. As our clients begin to experience their newly regained life of "sobriety", they become extremely sensitive to the emotional aspect of all their experiences, and sobriety-related ideas take on a profound and almost sacred character for them.

One of our recovering alcohol addicts drew the attached picture, which he calls a "slogan tree". On the plaque hanging from each branch, one may write in any one of the numerous slogans used as recovery tools by members of twelve-step fellowships, such as Alcoholics Anonymous. The "H.A.L.T." at the bottom warns the addict that to remain hungry, angry, lonely, or tired without doing anything about it can place one in danger of relapse. The barrel is an empty beer keg, whose contents (memories of the horrors of active alcoholism) fertilize the soil under the newly established tree of recovery.

In the Xara-created image attached to the following message, I traced my friend's drawing and Xara-ized it. Today when I gave him a printout, he was thrilled about it -- so much so that he has decided to frame it as a memento of his time in treatment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SloganTree.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	5  
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

I work in a treatment centre for people with alcohol, drug, gambling and/or sex addictions, and/or eating disorders. It's sort of the Canadian equivalent of the Betty Ford Centre. As our clients begin to experience their newly regained life of "sobriety", they become extremely sensitive to the emotional aspect of all their experiences, and sobriety-related ideas take on a profound and almost sacred character for them.

One of our recovering alcohol addicts drew the attached picture, which he calls a "slogan tree". On the plaque hanging from each branch, one may write in any one of the numerous slogans used as recovery tools by members of twelve-step fellowships, such as Alcoholics Anonymous. The "H.A.L.T." at the bottom warns the addict that to remain hungry, angry, lonely, or tired without doing anything about it can place one in danger of relapse. The barrel is an empty beer keg, whose contents (memories of the horrors of active alcoholism) fertilize the soil under the newly established tree of recovery.

In the Xara-created image attached to the following message, I traced my friend's drawing and Xara-ized it. Today when I gave him a printout, he was thrilled about it -- so much so that he has decided to frame it as a memento of his time in treatment.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

. . . the Xara-ized version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SloganTreeX.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	11348  

I can think of no better use for Xara.

Well done. I recognize the photo of Italy too. :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Right ON [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I used to drink a bottle of Vodka and 2 packs of ciggs a day, YUP!! Recovered now for 10 years come March 7th. I had a wake up call and I paid attention to it. Others are not so fortunate. Mine came from my higher self, some call it GOD. It was either die or live, that was it, plain and simple. I decided to live and I don't miss the drink or the ciggs AT ALL!! Keep up the positive work and positive messages [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

What you are doing in helping others deal with their troubles is the finest--and it's good to see Xara incorporated also! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Stay positive--a sense of humor always helps, if you can manage it...and there is always a new day, never give up!
    There is no secret to how or why some stay away from drugs, etc., and others do not...it's too complex to roll into a single answer...but the important thing is to move ahead in life beyond the past--as I heard it described once: your life is like a boat going up a river, leaving the past in its wake...but it isn't the wake that drives the boat, you are in charge of it once you decide to let go of the past. I wish you all the best! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ---As The Crow Flies!---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain