Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

As far as I can see, Netscape 6 can't cope with percentage widths and heights for iframes. A serious bug IMHO for a 'standards compliant browser', especially since it completely fails to acknowledge the presence of an iframe with % dimensions (unlike N4.x, which at least displays the contents of the iframe element). Although I've seen at least one reference to this problem in A List Apart Coders' Forum, I'm puzzled as to why it hasn't been more widely documented, and would be interested to hear what anyone else has to say about it!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>
    IP

As far as I can see, Netscape 6 can't cope with percentage widths and heights for iframes. A serious bug IMHO for a 'standards compliant browser', especially since it completely fails to acknowledge the presence of an iframe with % dimensions (unlike N4.x, which at least displays the contents of the iframe element). Although I've seen at least one reference to this problem in A List Apart Coders' Forum, I'm puzzled as to why it hasn't been more widely documented, and would be interested to hear what anyone else has to say about it!

Peter</p>

IP

Having now managed to make iframes with percentage dimensions work under certain conditions (with scrolling enabled!) in N6, I'm prepared to admit that it is possible. But there's something I'm still missing, which is where it's scaling the dimensions from. For example, my iframe with width="180" and height="100%" appears wider than it is tall in N6, but I can't see what's restricting the height (it behaves as expected in Opera 5 and IE 5.5). Any enlightenment would be much appreciated!

http://www.kinlochlevenhighschool.org/test.html

Peter</p>

IP