Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I use PI 6 normally for web work (what it is meant for) but a client needs a file ready for print (I don't normally do print work so I don't have the appropriate software).

Anyway, I need to save the file as a two color (black and a PMS). I have found the RGB equivalent but can't figure out how to save the file as a two color (it automatically saves as RGB). Where I am sending it requires the 2 color process. I will ultimately save it as a 300dpi Tif file, but the first time the printer rejected the file. Is there any information out there on how to create print files with PI.

thanks
    Jim
    IP

I use PI 6 normally for web work (what it is meant for) but a client needs a file ready for print (I don't normally do print work so I don't have the appropriate software).

Anyway, I need to save the file as a two color (black and a PMS). I have found the RGB equivalent but can't figure out how to save the file as a two color (it automatically saves as RGB). Where I am sending it requires the 2 color process. I will ultimately save it as a 300dpi Tif file, but the first time the printer rejected the file. Is there any information out there on how to create print files with PI.

thanks
    Jim
    IP

Usually professional printers want your work in TIF or EPS format (or both), split to CMYK. When you split to CMYK you get four grayscale images representing those colors.

If you want to turn a color image into black and white, grayscale, etc. choose Format, Data Type and select the correct option, then save it. Black and white can yield some very stark looking results, are you sure they don't want grayscale? I'd check to be double sure.

If your printer wants you to end up with a 300 pixels per inch image, make sure your new canvas is 300 pixels per inch. PI defaults to 72 dpi and that can cause great disappointment later on if you're not aware of it.

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 8 and 7 Classes
    IP