Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

This was originally intended for the March xaraxone gallery but I never had the time to finish it. I used the cats for one of the other images instead.

I just re-discovered it and cleaned it up a little bit.

Risto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MusicCatsCloves.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	14376  

This was originally intended for the March xaraxone gallery but I never had the time to finish it. I used the cats for one of the other images instead.

I just re-discovered it and cleaned it up a little bit.

Risto

Hi Risto,

I like your drawing. When I look at it, I hear Charlie Daniels' "Devil went down to Georgia". The Cat that lost his parachute is a point of interest. I wonder if he lands on his feet.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Nice pic. your use of limited coloration for certain items is interesting and a nice touch.

Odd how I think I mentioned the 'three musician' paintings by Picasso in an email to you today :-).

The idea of cats parachuting is as far as I can tell ... a thoroughly original idea. In reality I imagine getting a cat off a plane while at 15000 feet would be quite a difficult task :-D (of course in a parachute ... the thought of harming a cat in any way is far from my mind ... I guess I'm an anciant Egyptian out of his time). Is there any series of events which made you think of of a parachuting cat?

DK
    www.dkingdesign.com

Oh I missed that cat ..... interesting that that is the cat superimposed on the moon. Sortof a symbolic note there ... maybe to do with "lunacy" and losing control :-)

David K

I have done it with the fur of my own cat!

Risto I love allways your characters. I know you are exigeant for the placement of your shapes. But did you try to build brushes with some (groups) of your crazy characters. This kind of brushes may have a very strong personality. I am laughing while imaginating a "Vikings" brush!

And of course in this case a warm welcome to the brush swap shop!

Friendly yours,

ivan

Risto
    Each new one is better than the last one (for me at least.) I was going to say if there was a mini tut for your drawings,but I think I like it to be unique for YOU.
    Looking forword to the next one
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I ment each one of your art work>

Soquili - no cats were hurt in the making of this drawing, so yes, the cat landed on his feet safe and sound... as they always do... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

David - the cats were not the only thing parachuting the day I drew that. There were also cows, tea pots, and shoes, amongst other things. The cats were the most fun though.

Yes, you did mention Picasso's three musicians that day... believe me, it was just a freakish circumstance that I posted this the same day. I know that I have seen the Picasso but I can't picture it right now.

Ivan - you are the brush master! You have a great touch with those things. If you would like to use some objects from my drawings - drop me a line and I'll send you the .xar file.

Panfer - you are too kind. I don't think anyone can write a tut on the way I draw - it is too simple. Basically:
    (1) Draw the main shapes with the line tool
    (2) Modify the shapes with the pen tool
    (3) Adjust the shapes with the shape tool and remove as many points as possible.
    (4) Loosen up the shapes with the mould tool
    (5) Have fun doing it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks guys!

Risto

[This message was edited by Risto Klint on April 20, 2001 at 09:06 PM.]