Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

I am using a Xara Webstyle navigation bar which works fine on standard on html pages but on ASP pages I get an OBJECT EXPECTED error in Explorer. Navigator javascript console tells me that the error lies in the Webstyle generated file as follows:

Error: startMainMenu is not defined
    Source File: http://mysite/nav/tabs_jr.js
    Line: 16

Can anyone help with this problem. Whilst the site does work I don't really want to put out pages that show an error.

Many thanks

Hi,

I am using a Xara Webstyle navigation bar which works fine on standard on html pages but on ASP pages I get an OBJECT EXPECTED error in Explorer. Navigator javascript console tells me that the error lies in the Webstyle generated file as follows:

Can anyone help with this problem. Whilst the site does work I don't really want to put out pages that show an error.

Many thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alib:
    Hi,

Many thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi i recommend creating a test page upon your server and inserting the navbar within and then providing the url where it can be viewed. We can then assist you

Many thanks for your quick response. You can view the pages at:

www.broady.org.uk/brisbane

I have to confess that now the error seems to be showing on non asp pages too so it must be something stupid that I have done. One of the things that has been confusing me is that I am working with a templated site so I had to change paths.

Here's hoping you can help,

Alison

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alib:
    Many thanks for your quick response. You can view the pages at:

http://www.broady.org.uk/brisbane

I have to confess that now the error seems to be showing on non asp pages too so it must be something stupid that I have done. One of the things that has been confusing me is that I am working with a templated site so I had to change paths.

Here's hoping you can help,

Alison<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have a look at the html inserted in your web page(s)

<script webstyle3 src="nav/tabs_jr.js"></script> <script webstyle3>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="nav/tabs_jr.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');/*img src="nav/tabs-jr.gif" moduleid="brisbane (Project)\tabs-jr_off.xws"*/</script>

You insert 2 references to tabs_jr.js Replace the above code with

<script webstyle3>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="nav/tabs_jr.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');/*img src="nav/tabs-jr.gif" moduleid="brisbane (Project)\tabs-jr_off.xws"*/</script>

and this will resolve the problem

It did and I did and it worked.

Many thanks for your prompt assistance - I am truly grateful.