Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: actions

hello
    when i try to use an action the start button at the bottom will no work, i have a stop sign icon that appears over the button, also when i look under the menu, the play button is grayed out, they seem not to work at all
    IP

hello
    when i try to use an action the start button at the bottom will no work, i have a stop sign icon that appears over the button, also when i look under the menu, the play button is grayed out, they seem not to work at all
    IP

I experience the same thing! Am on the verge of giving up on actions altogether.......I know I'm doing something that is probably easily fixed, but darned if I know what it is!

Joey
    IP

first thing to always check is...

Are you trying to apply the action to the document's Background layer...
    Make sure you've actually clicked on (activated) the layer you want to run the action on.

next thing to check is...

Are you trying to apply the action to a layer that is either hidden (eye icon is OFF), or Locked (untick any boxes at the top of the Layers palette - PS6 especially).

last thing to check is...

Are you sure that the action is not dependant on you having a specific version of PS? Some types of actions created on PS6 will not run on PS5+. Check for a "ReadMe" file with the action, or email the creator of the action.

try those out...
    IP