Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is an illustration created for a new real estate company in my town.

If they like it, it will be used as a logo and used on stationery and other pieces of their business paper.

I avoided using anything such as bevels, that might not translate into an EPS file. The drop shadow has been converted to editable shapes and ungrouped.

La Puerta, for those who do not speak Spanish, means doorway or door.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	La_Puerta_small.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	18951  

This is an illustration created for a new real estate company in my town.

If they like it, it will be used as a logo and used on stationery and other pieces of their business paper.

I avoided using anything such as bevels, that might not translate into an EPS file. The drop shadow has been converted to editable shapes and ungrouped.

La Puerta, for those who do not speak Spanish, means doorway or door.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Gary,

I like the composition and colours. I printed the image on a laser printer to see how it would look if faxed, or was printed in greyscale. It works very well. If I were the client, I'd use this as my logo.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

and they work! I really like the overall look. The only jarring note to me is the decoration over the archway. I'd rather see that element in the adobe color.

Now that you've moved to Placitas, is the economy beginning to boom, real estate going like crazy, population growing, and before long you'll just be a suburb of Albuquerque? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Mickie

Hi Gary,

The image is great and very compelling, beautiful! A small concern, I wonder if the green script on top is too difficult to read at a glance?

The composition and colors are terrific and think it would make marvelous mural too!

Bob C.

What bothers me the most is where my eye goes as it goes into the arch. It goes right to the dark green tree and sticks. I'm not sure what to do about it, but I feel uneasy about the effect produced when I look into the arch.

Maybe it's just me.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

My comments that follow reflect things I'd be tempted to try if it were my drawing. I tend to explore things comforted by the fact that my most used tool (the undo tool) is standing by...

Where the path is seen through the gateway; I'd try 's' curving it with an intention of not having it look like it is leading over a blind crest as it does now. Perhaps it could look like it is turning right without the crest thing happening. This is subtle but the approach to a home is important.

The scene is framed by the white space. I'd try adding a shadow such that it looks like you are seeing the scene through a cutout. My thinking is that it could reinforce the "gateway" concept by layering that concept.

I'd try adding a shadow behind the foreground vegetation just to see if it adds to the visual layering. The peppers have a very successful shadow - bushes cast them too.

If it were my work I'd be pleased with the typography. It looks good to me. Besides I concede to your years of experience in that area.

I'm sure your client is going to like the design. It has a good 'feel' to it and the combination of the script's message & the image are quite expressive without being overly sentimential. Good work!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Gary,

generally, this is almost "too much" for a logo. But because it fits so well, this does not really matter.

First I am with Dale and Ross. I also get stuck on the green tree and a curve of the path (to the right?) would help.

I absolutely love the peppers, but I think the right front bush is too sophisticated. Meaning it is very detailed, while the other ones are very simple objects.

I also would lose the green text on top alltogether and use just the image (maybe even a little smaller) together with the "La Puerta R.E.S." as the logo.

Last but not least, I'd move the "Real Estate Services" two pixels down just so it don't touch the shadow any more.

I enclose my idea of the smaller image without the green text to illustrate my idea. No infringment of your copyright intended ...

Alltogether I think it is a very pleasant design and if I were the client I would go for it.

Wolfgang
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lapuerta.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	14308  

colors used a lot...and I like the design with the green lettering above the design, I don't find it hard to read and think it looks rather elegant...but it looks good without it too. Above the archway/door I have seen used, with adobe, timber ends protruding on houses and although this is only an arch maybe a few of these just as decoration would look traditional---but probably the piece used is better and more in keeping with the modernized style of the homes now. I really like those chillies...the plant on the right reminds me of a light grey "Dusty Miller" type of plant. It's very well done and interesting, but sort of alone...if some were mixed in with the other side or a bit of the rounded bush put on the right maybe it would look less unusual. How about some cacti instead of the round bushes? Just a thought. I think it's a very attractive logo!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Gary, I like it and the bushes and clouds being the same shape pull it together, a bit Georgia O'Keeffe and she is great...Roger

http://www.bodyworkposters.com