Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thnak you guys for activating this forum

it is "BORN AGAIN" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I liked the pics, but this is not what i am after, or hope for

I wanted to show the nice features that PhotoPaint has

by giving small tut, hints& tips, or how to

Soon i will post one

Note: i think that Corel 9 with sp 2 is the best and surely it is more stable than corel 10

I am glad to know you are here Michael Cervantes

and i need a favor,

Can you tell me how to become a member in corel newsgroups, now i only can view but without posting my own, i have an outlook error message

is there is any hints i can have to fix this

I have a lot to share and idea's to give

Thanks for everyone posted a message
    IP

I am alost done with my small tut for PP

but how can i psot my pictures then my explanation text then another pic then my explanation text then ....etc In This Forum

or i have to save the whole thing as JPG

thanks
    IP

Hi AjIsCoool, I was able to float all the images to create the visual part then I just added floating text to under the images, put them all in place then exported the whole thing as a .JPG.

I'm sure you can do something similar in PP. Not sure exactly how, but I'm sure it's a similar principal. I am working my way through Corel PhotoPaint 10: The Official Guide by Dave Huss and I'm not quite to that area yet. Only to page 80. I understand enough to do that Angel and export her and all that, and I understand how to create an image that 'floats' and import them in, but I know nothing of text and it's properties.

Maybe Michael C. or Mike Bailey can lend a hand here???

Look forward to the Tut.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

Hi Folks, You can post your tutorial with multiple messages. Just start the first instruction, add an attachment( the image you want) then repeat the process until it is complete. Note: If you are posting a lot of pictures you might want to lock the thread, then continue a new thread that is referenced by the subject title to your tutorial, that way it doesn't get full of messages and people can still post questions and comments about it. Something like (How to make hair continued).

RAMWolf, I am putting (A how to do hair and a thousand other things) together, I think your gonna have fun with it, Its gonna push ya into a new realm with photopaint bud! Ya just gotta play around and see. Part one is easy and fun with dagger strokes
    IP

Hi,

I'm new to this group and have noticed a lot of people posting very excellent graphics of their work in PhotoPaint.
    I also noticed a number asking for tutorials on PhotoPaint.
    I've been teaching Draw for a few years and plug PP as much as I can, though it's not officially part of the classroom content.
    Because of that, I would introduce students to the program then direct them to my site section devoted to PP exercises. I teach Photoshop also and so made cross-compatible certain exercises I go through with the PS students (derived from Scott Kelby's DDT).
    There's no site, per se, just a directory to click on to go to the files; no popups, no request for anything.
    http://www.cliffatwork.com/pp10/
    My only personal request is that no one post this address on any site or newsgroup. I've been very quiet about it because I have a small ISP and have tried to devote the bandwidth to students only. But my own work as an instructor is coming to a close, so I thought a relatively small group such as we have here (apparently) might find use for them.

Cliff
    Cliff
    IP

AND WELCOME to the forum..........

A suggestion, why not spend a little time reformating the How-To's and post them here. If your ISP is too small and you start getting bogged down that won't be very good. If they aren't to huge then I'm sure it would all be welcome and needed. This forum needs a shot in the arm, BIG TIME!!

I just put out a notice on the Corel newsgroup for PhotoPaint10 about this place. I use XaraX on a regular basis and wouldn't have gotten as far with out the wonderful folks in the that forum.

The Talk Graphics forums are the best thing to come along.......well.....in a long time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So think about it. If you want, puruse through some of the posts over in the XaraX forum and take a look at some of the layouts for the mini tutorials. It may give you an idea or 2 how you should attempt to bring your stuff here.

Make sure you copyright any finished images, if there are any to illustrate how something should look finished. We would love to see you work.

I would love to be able to spend as much time here as I do in the XaraX forum. Both these apps are important for my building a digital works portfolio, so I NEED to learn and learn quickly.

Thanks for listening.

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

I appreciate your suggestion but several of the files run between 3500/4500 words and so I think that would be a little much to transfer. I'm sure once you look at a few you will see for yourself what I mean.

Cliff

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RAMWolff:
    AND WELCOME to the forum..........

A suggestion, why not spend a little time reformating the How-To's and post them here. If your ISP is too small and you start getting bogged down that won't be very good. If they aren't to huge then I'm sure it would all be welcome and needed. This forum needs a shot in the arm, BIG TIME!!

Cliff
    Cliff
    IP

Enjoyed the browse and plan on making some use of the tutorials. I actaully printed out the Cartoon one, only 4 pages, not bad.

One thing I wanted to bring to your attention. The second link to 'Console' causes the browser (I.E. 5.5 on a Win2000 SP2, 520 RAM system) to crash. But just that extra window for some reason. The primary window that is still on Talk Graphics stays up fine. So I am a little confused. Broken link of some sort or something else. All the other tutorial links open and load just fine.

Thanks again for sharing.

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

Sorry to hear you couldn't gain access to the page. I don't know what it could be as there is nothing on the page along the lines of javascript or such. Just plain ol' html and *.jpg/*.gifs; the occasional *.png sneaks in but nothing to deserve a crash.

Cliff

Cliff
    Cliff
    IP

I don't know if you updated your list. In old NG's you can only read. Probably that is what is happening to you. Refresh your list, and subscribe to new NG's.

Regards

Michael Cervantes
    IP