Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wow , what is going on? , there is no tips or nothing in this fourm

i hope some dedicated artist will take over this fourm to a higher level

i am really disappointed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, soon i will post a comparison between Adobe and PP, and try to show the weakness and strenght of each ( to the best of my knolwge)

i am working on it

suggestion: if we don't have any greative idea's to post a tutorials, then why not take any of the tutorials in the web for PhotoShope and see how can we achieve the same resullts in PP

i will start with myself soon

PLZ keep this forum a life
    IP

Wow , what is going on? , there is no tips or nothing in this fourm

i hope some dedicated artist will take over this fourm to a higher level

i am really disappointed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, soon i will post a comparison between Adobe and PP, and try to show the weakness and strenght of each ( to the best of my knolwge)

i am working on it

suggestion: if we don't have any greative idea's to post a tutorials, then why not take any of the tutorials in the web for PhotoShope and see how can we achieve the same resullts in PP

i will start with myself soon

PLZ keep this forum a life
    IP

Hi AjIscoool,

I lost my first message I typed so this is a test.

Regards,
    Cheryl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Hi AjIscoool,

I am trying to post jpeg. If it doesn't work please help. Critique is welcome if it shows up.

Thanks,
    Cheryl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Penquin_Golf_jpeg.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	8075  
    IP

Hey AJ and cheryl,

Im pretty new to this group and a photopain entusiast. I keep on trying to find an active group about pp but they dont seem to exist. So we should try to give this group a kick.

Im always trying to tell people that pp is better than photoshop. Or at least just as good. Im planing on doing tutorial to show how to do ps stuff in pp.

Hope to see some tuts of yours soon.

btw verry nice picture cheryl!

Kai
    IP

Hi Kai,

Thanks for comment on my picture. I have become frustrated converting photoshop tuts to photo-paint so I will be very happy when you post yours.
    We sure need more of them.

Best,
    Cheryl
    IP

Hi Folks, I love pushin pixels, I made these images with Photopaint 7, They are a bit out dated and don't represent what I have been doing lately, You may have seen them before. I still use PhotoPaint 7, I got Photoshop 6 a short time ago, I have started a few paintings with PS6, I like it but I like Photo paint too.

I think various programs have things they do best, I'm not a purist and I will bounce an image to and from different programs in an attempt to achieve what I consider satisfactory results. Sometimes I just have to say that is enough and leave it as is, as is the case with the examples I am posting.

When comparing PP7 and PS6 there isn't a lot of things that I know about that I can do with one that I can't do with the other, but I don't know a whole lot about anything, I will just push the pixels until it looks right to me. I think PS6 has some effects that work better than PP7, I like some of the tools PP7 has better than PS6. Its just a personal preference thingy I think, I will also toss in vector art and 3d art, what ever is the easiest way to get the results I want. More of my work gets deleted than saved. Its just fun trying to make something happen!

As old as some of my software is I still learn new things about it every time I play around with it.

I don't know what version Of Photopaint you are using but if there is something I could help you with when comparing peaches to apples feel free to ask, I'll do my best and try to figure it out, If I can't I'm sure someone else can.

Best wishes,
    Mike Bailey
    Moderator at large.
    IP

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    IP

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP

Thought I would include this, it is a simple beach scene, I have painted it many times with an air brush on "T" shirts, add some clouds, lettering, etc... it used to be a hot seller. It demonstrates how I paint with PhotoPaint, The most important stroke to master is called a Dagger or rat tail stroke when executed with an air brush, to do it with Photopaint, just lay down a spot of color with the paint brush, grab the smudge tool and pull it into the dagger stroke. Try it you might like it. This simple painting took about 10 minutes to complete.

Have fun
    IP