Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Wow , what is going on? , there is no tips or nothing in this fourm

i hope some dedicated artist will take over this fourm to a higher level

i am really disappointed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, soon i will post a comparison between Adobe and PP, and try to show the weakness and strenght of each ( to the best of my knolwge)

i am working on it

suggestion: if we don't have any greative idea's to post a tutorials, then why not take any of the tutorials in the web for PhotoShope and see how can we achieve the same resullts in PP

i will start with myself soon

PLZ keep this forum a life
    IP

Thanks so much for the lead [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

There is NO comparison to Corel PhotoPaint 8 to 10. PP10 is buggy, slow and clunky. Just go to the newsgroup: corel.graphic_apps.photo-paint10 and puruse through the posts. Even Michael Cervantes agrees that this version is not the cream of the crop. It's a shame, for all the new features and whatnot they managed to make very unstable. Mine runs OK, and I have to admit that it is not as buggy as I have found XaraX to be, the brushes tool is a nightmare for me to use, so I don't use it and it's a shame, I love my furry critters and ALL the fur type brushes cause XaraX to crash in a stack fault exception every time. PhotoPaint just warns you when things get unstable and at least allows you to save your work and restart the program. PP8 did not give me ANY problems like that at all, but less features. So it's a toss up. Stablity vs features, 10 or 8.........I choose 10 (as I have chosen to stick with XaraX compared to CorelXara)

So I am hoping that CD11 and XaraX 2, or whatever it will be named, will both have these bugs ironed out.

Thanks so much, again.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on March 02, 2002 at 21:55.]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP

I am alost done with my small tut for PP

but how can i psot my pictures then my explanation text then another pic then my explanation text then ....etc In This Forum

or i have to save the whole thing as JPG

thanks
    IP

Hi AjIscoool,

I am trying to post jpeg. If it doesn't work please help. Critique is welcome if it shows up.

Thanks,
    Cheryl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Penquin_Golf_jpeg.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	8075  
    IP

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi AjIscoool and others,

CorelDraw (PhotoPaint) has been my favorite program for many years. I started with CD4 and now use CD7 too. Every time I was considering an upgrade all the talk about "slow, buggy, bad GUI, etc. put me off and CD7 is really very nice.

I'm actually considering DC10 again but I hear it doesn't come with a hardcopy manual?

I have forced myself into using XaraX almost exclusively for the past several (8 or 9) months because of all the wonderful things it can do, the ease of use, my interest in animation with Flash like programs and the difficulty I had with the CorelDraw vector tools.

It still isn't second nature to me (I'm old) but I have found drawing in PhotoPaint THEN importing the bitmap into Xara has freed me up a bit.

Whew! Anyway, I have posted this bitmap I recently drew with that approach in mind.

Glad to see this forum being used again.

Bob C.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FaceGreenRockJaw.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	18706  
    IP

Hi AjIsCoool, I was able to float all the images to create the visual part then I just added floating text to under the images, put them all in place then exported the whole thing as a .JPG.

I'm sure you can do something similar in PP. Not sure exactly how, but I'm sure it's a similar principal. I am working my way through Corel PhotoPaint 10: The Official Guide by Dave Huss and I'm not quite to that area yet. Only to page 80. I understand enough to do that Angel and export her and all that, and I understand how to create an image that 'floats' and import them in, but I know nothing of text and it's properties.

Maybe Michael C. or Mike Bailey can lend a hand here???

Look forward to the Tut.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

Hey AJ and cheryl,

Im pretty new to this group and a photopain entusiast. I keep on trying to find an active group about pp but they dont seem to exist. So we should try to give this group a kick.

Im always trying to tell people that pp is better than photoshop. Or at least just as good. Im planing on doing tutorial to show how to do ps stuff in pp.

Hope to see some tuts of yours soon.

btw verry nice picture cheryl!

Kai
    IP

Hi RAMWolff, Your Angel is wonderful, its nice to see some folks taking interest in this forum.

This might give you some ideas, attached is an example of how I combine programs. I used Poser, xara and photopaint to render the model, I think it illustrates effective rendering of hair and cloth.
    I will explain step by step the techniques if your interested, but I would have to start from scratch.

Hello Cheryl, Glad you like the dragon, scales? yes I would do them with a vector grouping, I have experimented with various ways to do them, one way I find effective is to draw a crisscrossing pattern of lines that fit the shape, add some color and smudge each one slightly, this kinda gives the illusion of scales, Then I can spend a great deal of time perfecting them. If you look closely at the second dragons foot you might see some this. I could have carried it through out the dragon but I got bored and never finished it.

This thread is getting long, time to be continued with a new thread

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on March 03, 2002 at 07:48.]
    IP