Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: vector art

hello, im new here and i'd like to say that this forum is really informative from what i've read, what with thegurusnetwork creator (creator? well u sure did do those amazing works) mark the keeper hehehe. well here's my opening question :

i was wondering where i can find some good ....not so much tutorials (unless there are any) but a more of an understanding of those cool vector graphics and how i can grasp that aspect of art.

i.e.

http://www.vectorlounge.com/04_amsterdam/index.html

http://www.123klan.com/

etc etc

i'd really like to learn this type of art and , if possible, the typography associated with vector art.

And when he closed the door, the broken sounds of the willow danced in his head
    IP

hello, im new here and i'd like to say that this forum is really informative from what i've read, what with thegurusnetwork creator (creator? well u sure did do those amazing works) mark the keeper hehehe. well here's my opening question :

i was wondering where i can find some good ....not so much tutorials (unless there are any) but a more of an understanding of those cool vector graphics and how i can grasp that aspect of art.

i.e.

http://www.vectorlounge.com/04_amsterdam/index.html

http://www.123klan.com/

etc etc

i'd really like to learn this type of art and , if possible, the typography associated with vector art.

IP

no one knows ?

IP

All I can suggest is that you first aquire a top vector programme such as Adobe Illustrator, or Macromedia's Freehand - and start studying! You might invest, amongst others, in Illustrator WOW book, with CD ROM, and or any good CD/video training course such as Total Training
    HTH.......Lewes
    IP

Hi guys, sorry i couldn't get to the board any sooner.

I would suggest that a Search be done on the Web for any tutes on vector drawing -- otherwise known as "Illustration" art.

I'm afraid that i myself don't know of any specific sites teaching that subject. Seems people are more concerned with learning Raster imaging over Vector. But i'm pretty sure that there ARE some out there to be found. Try going to www.about.com first. They have a huge stock of links on anything'n'everything.

But as for buying a Vector application, especially when you're just learning and not really sure you'll continue with this... i'd like to suggest a program called "XaraX". There's a forum for it right here at TalkGraphics actually. Check it out also.
    And the Moderator of the Xara forum has about 4yrs of tutes on his site for the program too. (Gary Priester) www.xarazone.com

If you go to www.xara.com you can see a gallery of example images and download a trial copy of the app.

It's mondo cheap and very fast, small in file size, and does almost everything Illustrator does (but much faster), and some very cool thing AI doesn't do (like 3D beveling). Check it out. I've been using it for years now and love it.

TIP: also... vector images are generally much crisper/sharper than raster images (ala Photoshop). Just something i thought you'd like to know. Vector images are excellent for Web graphics.
    IP

Yes, but why, oh WHY - no Xara X for Mac users!!? Surely they don't think they would lose money on it? (I'm first in the queue anyway!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    IP

Sorry, but it should be www.xaraxone.com

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.
    IP

thank you, i have photoshop 6.1 and i know they have a new vector design part of the program but i also have illustrator.

i believe i didn't explain myself properly.

i didn't mean where can i learn to do 'vector art', i meant where do i learn the 'trendwhore' style such as www.axxessdenied.com (the top part) and other sites with those abstract arrows, lines. ( i believe www.surrealness.com)
    thank you again for the links and i am checking them out right now.

IP

Hi again...

Ok first off, i forgot to mention before Perception that i have nothing at all to do with the "gurusnetwork" site.
    My site is here: http://photoshopgurus.info
    And i have a great new group of boards there too so check those out if you need help with anything.

Now...

I did a simple search on the word "trendwhore". I found this site and a few others right at the top of the search list. I copied this site's url for you, but you can continue the search from here and get the other urls now ok? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

http://www.carbonfour.com/version2/tutorials/

Halfway down that page is a tute called "Trendwhores". How's that? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm not really into this type of stuff myself, so i think for any specific questions about it, the author of that tute may be a good person to ask.

Hope this get's you started.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"
    IP

my mistake about the names hehe, but still ur a guru.

yes i've seen that tutorial but i forgot to bookmark it. thanks.

IP