Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yep, that's right! The copy I pre-ordered through Egghead is on its way...should have it on Monday!

The Fontman
    http://www.thefontman.com
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Yep, that's right! The copy I pre-ordered through Egghead is on its way...should have it on Monday!

The Fontman
    http://www.thefontman.com
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Hope it's more stable than the last Release Candidate I tested in the beta program [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Always good to wait until the first or second maintainence is released.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Please forgive me if I don't fall over myself rushing out to buy it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I used version 4 through 7 of Corel Draw and have tried the trial versions of the rest, but I've never looked back since I found Xara. In my eyes there's no competition.

Michael Ward

Hmmm...wonder what one would use to edit bitmaps? Xara??? Don't think so! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    The Fontman

xara is a religion, I once called it a cult, it's not stopping till it achieves world domination, Just kidding, but you probably won't get alot of corel support here on this forum.

The plug-ins are pretty neat and you can do more bitmap editing than you think once you start fiddeling with xara.

will

Where? ... I searched Corel's site and can't find trial versions of CorelDraw ... version nine has a link but it just goes to product info (product info? ... the corel site has to be one of the sparsest site for info I've seen ... hardly a word about the products). If I overlooked something or I'm wrong please tell me where a trial of Corel Draw can be downloaded.

David K

The trial versions that I've had have all been from Cover CD's. I don't go looking for them and only try them if I come across them.

Oh, and by the way, if there's any bitmap operations that I can't do in Xara, i'll do them in Photoshop... give me Xara for Vector any day.

I also like to think myself a reasonable person, and I stuck with Draw for quite a while. I got involved with Xara before Corel took over and was ecstatic when Corel came in. I thought that this would finally be the chance that Xara needed. Xara would be promoted alongside Draw and some of Xara obvious experience could be integrated into Draw. No chance, Corel only bought the marketing right to Xara so they could sit on them. 'Nuff said

Michael Ward

I couldn't agree more. Finially we are seeing some action on Xara's growth as a program. SEE YA Korel! Don't let the door kick you in the A$$.......

So what if Xara isn't a bitmap editor, Fontman. It Rocks as a vector program. Tell em Will! And it's only getting better.

Good luck with Draw 10.... Let me know if this even numbered release is OK. Version 10 huh. Are you serious? Sounds like Korel is trying to milk it's users with endless releases, upgrades & patches? Next thing ya know, they'll try to compete with 3ds max as a 3d program?

I heard Photopaint was OK. Back around release 7. What have they added with all these new releases? I Got's to Know..... I must be missing something?

Go Napster!

Ww

Every version I have tried sinc v.3 has gotten slower and more cumbersome to use. Jus like illustrator or freehand it bogs down with the simples of illustrations and becomces a pain in the ass to use. I'll continue to sing the praises of Xara as long as they continue to focus on keeping things fast. Unfortunately I have found tha some of the new features really slow the program down quite a bit but it's still kicks ass.

I will buy Xara as soon as it's available as I always have but if you want to use the beta for longer than it is registered for, there is a crack available to delete the time limit. Once it is bug free then I will buy it like I always have.

s.g