Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

This is a good example for textures: I designed a logo for a start-up company - brandnew, 3D, elegant. And then I had a vision: how will it look in 30 or 40 years? Easy task with 3D and textures. When I presented the second one during a meeting, the girls and guys almost fainted. The client finally purchased the second version as well, because "...we MUST to have it".

jens
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	processofaging.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	18187  
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

This is a good example for textures: I designed a logo for a start-up company - brandnew, 3D, elegant. And then I had a vision: how will it look in 30 or 40 years? Easy task with 3D and textures. When I presented the second one during a meeting, the girls and guys almost fainted. The client finally purchased the second version as well, because "...we MUST to have it".

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

I like it. Nice rust texture. As I'm typing this message now, I'm waiting for LightWave to finish rendering another ufo scene. I've been working on a presentation for work with a ufo/x-files theme to it. So far it's turned out well, I'm just spending too much time on it and am running out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

By the way, I'm not sure if the aging effect would cause diagonal lines to become horizontal. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] Just a minor detail.

I assume you used Cinema 4D for this?

Earl,

-----------//--
    By the way, I'm not sure if the aging effect would cause diagonal lines to become horizontal.
    ----------//--

the diagonal lines are paint, the material of the word 'web' is wood as opposed to the steel of 'biz'.

And yes, this has been done with Cinema.

BTW, I'll post the 'USS Charlotte' for you soon :-))

jens
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--

I've always loved that 'rusty peeled paint' look. Can't explain why though... maybe i'm looking for to getting old myself? hahaa [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]