Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xara Menu Maker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sheffield Abella:
    Is this program any good? I can't seem to get any of the menus to work properly with Opera 6.04.

They seem to work in Mozilla and Explorer.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Xara have a browser suppor chart found by going to http://www.xara.com/support/menumaker and selecting the question type' using the product'

This takes you to the FAQ where you will find the question ' Are the menus supported by all browsers'

Regarding Opera, i recieved the following informatoion from Xara regarding a clients menus. The info was related to Webstyle which presumably has the same issues as Menu Maker.

Insert the Snippet <script>loc=""</script> prior to the snippet for the navbar and between the "" enter the location of where the graphic files are saved. This allows the buttons of the navbar to be displayed within Opera.

Hope this helps

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Caels:
    Welcome, Wolff.

But now, if anyone can answer my question...

Why does the MenuMaker not make menus correctly? I am running XP, and using the downloaded version of MenuMaker. Using the menus in IE 6.0.

My status bar shows 'javascript:;' over the graphics that should have sub-menus. all the buttons link fine though.

Any ideas?

- Caels<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem here sounds as if you have the transparency of the sub menus set to 100%. Edit the menu in question and select menu properties tab and reduce the transparancy from 100% to 50%

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAMWolff:
    Thanks Peter!!

Hi donvalley,

Ummm, same problem that I was having seems to be present here on the web pages. No navigation in the other pages. Well, only 3 pages are working. The page that you linked us too, the last link has a working page but there is no navigation back to the previous page available so I have to hit the back button and then there is a link on the page you linked us too that has a link "return to our front page" which also does not have any navigation buttons available.

I think Xara has more work to do here on this program. I figure I only dumped $19.00 on it so it's about waiting for Xara to patch this program, oh that's right, Xara Ltd. takes YEARS to get around to hearing the users pleas, pitty, not a way to keep a user base!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are several reasons the buttons or the menus of a navbar will not display upon your web page

1. check to ensure that the graphics exported by menu maker have been uploaded to your server. If the graphics are not present then the navbar cannot be displayed

2. The location of the navbar is incorrectly referenced - View your source code and find the snippets referencing the location of the JavaScript files. These will look similar to
    <script src="xaramenu.js"></script> There will also be a reference to a 2nd JavaScript file.

In most cases people tend to store the javascript and images exported by menu maker in a seperate folder in comparison to the web page in which the menus are inserted. Assume you store the Javascript and image files in a folder named images. Your snippet in your web page will then read <script src="images/nameofjsfile.js"></script> Check to see if you have uploaded the JavaScript file and graphics being referenced to the folder mentioned in the snippet within your page

3. Transparancy issues - If you set the Transparancy of the menus to 100% then they become invisable. Edit the NavBar and select the menu properties tab. Set the Transparancy to be less than 100%

are you a member of the Xara Ltd. tech staff??

Seems like some pretty solid advice. Many thanks!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---