Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xara Menu Maker

Is this program any good? I can't seem to get any of the menus to work properly with Opera 6.04.

They seem to work in Mozilla and Explorer.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

It's only version 1.0 so I'm sure they will make improvements as time goes on. They seem to be more interested these days in taking care of their web based apps than of their flagship app, Xara, shame but seems true. So I imagine they are already at work on version 1.5 or something.

One thing that I have a question about is the templates. I bought the downloaded version of it and they give you all these preveiw pics but the templates are not there to use and I get this popup............

Any ideas?? Can you direct me to where the templates are for download?? I sent out a support request but you know Xara Ltd. They are a bit slow getting around to this sort of stuff. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thanks

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.jpg 
Views:	1817 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	13310  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I'm not sure, but perhaps you can get them by downloading the Menu Maker Template package that you can get to after you buy the Menu Maker. I've been trying to download it, but my connection is so poor that I have difficulty.

The only way I know to find the MMT package is this:

1. Log into the XaraClub homepage.
    2. Go to the Downloading & Re-unlocking page.
    3. Here is what you'll see somewhere on the page:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Other products
    These are the other items which you have purchased. You may download each item as often as you need, without any further charge. You can also ask XaraClub to e-mail you the file, if that's more convenient. It will be sent to your e-mail address: someone@somewhere.com.

Note that when you download, you may need to rename the file you are downloading from the default name suggested by the browser. Pay particular attention to the file extension (.zip, .ttf or .exe), as MSIE 4 usually strips these.

Menu Maker Template Pack (MMTPack1.exe)
    Download the file (recommended)
    Send by Email
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

4. Click on 'Download the file (recommended)'

I think that is the remaining templates, but as I said before, I am not sure.

- Caels

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Strange why they don't put those on the MenuMaker download page, it's clear at the bottom of the page before that one. Strange set up there. I also downloaded and installed the 3 TT fonts they offered, why not!!

Thanks again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Welcome, Wolff.

But now, if anyone can answer my question...

Why does the MenuMaker not make menus correctly? I am running XP, and using the downloaded version of MenuMaker. Using the menus in IE 6.0.

My status bar shows 'javascript:;' over the graphics that should have sub-menus. all the buttons link fine though.

Any ideas?

- Caels

Yes, MM is kinda cool. Have you noticed that the ***whole*** UI, like that of WebStyle, is vector-based, and therefore rescales very nicely up and down to whatever screen size you're using? This is the way ALL program UIs in the future should be made! It's the only way to utilize higher-resolution screens withouth having bitmap icons and other "size-locked" UI elements shrink to nearly invisible.

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

I got a question myself. I'm having the same problem with the sub menus showing up in the browser preveiw and then I save the file and then open it up in a browser and still no sub menus! That makes no sense to me considering I created all original menus with names. I tried saving as a GIF and PNG and still nothing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

BTW, love the crispness of the PNG, I must say. Can anyone explain about what 'interlaced' means exactly. I've always wondered about this.

Thanks very much [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAMWolff:
    Can anyone explain about what 'interlaced' means exactly. I've always wondered about this.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It means the image is initially rendered low res. and continues to load in progressively higher res. strips so you can see something while you're waiting! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Peter

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?

Here is a page with navigation by Xara Menumaker.
    Looks OK on my MSIE 5.5 browser, other browsers?
    http://www.icehockeytournaments.com/tourneys.htm

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Thanks Peter!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hi donvalley,

Ummm, same problem that I was having seems to be present here on the web pages. No navigation in the other pages. Well, only 3 pages are working. The page that you linked us too, the last link has a working page but there is no navigation back to the previous page available so I have to hit the back button and then there is a link on the page you linked us too that has a link "return to our front page" which also does not have any navigation buttons available.

I think Xara has more work to do here on this program. I figure I only dumped $19.00 on it so it's about waiting for Xara to patch this program, oh that's right, Xara Ltd. takes YEARS to get around to hearing the users pleas, pitty, not a way to keep a user base!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---