Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portraits

Am relatively new to this forum, and mostly lurk, but have been checking out the portraits and am motivated to add my 2 sense.
    This "portrait" was done with Painter 6 and a Wacom stylus, both of which I'm still struggling to fully understand.....must say, though, that the process is almost too wonderful to bear!
    I hope you all enjoy the painting (if I've managed to do attach it).........Joey ms
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Portrait_7_01.JPG 
Views:	319 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	3734  
    IP

Am relatively new to this forum, and mostly lurk, but have been checking out the portraits and am motivated to add my 2 sense.
    This "portrait" was done with Painter 6 and a Wacom stylus, both of which I'm still struggling to fully understand.....must say, though, that the process is almost too wonderful to bear!
    I hope you all enjoy the painting (if I've managed to do attach it).........Joey ms
    IP

What a lovely painting. It's just beautiful and it don't look like you're having any problems at all...
    IP

Hi Joey,
    Welcome to the group. I looks like you are getting the hang of it pretty well. Looking forward to seeing lots more of your work.

Regards,
    Greg.
    IP

Joey,

You did a very nice job on this portrait. I agree about the process of learning Painter being almost too wonderful to bear. What's extra neat about it is that the wonder continues even when you've learned a lot.

Please keep sharing your work with us. I look forward to seeing your progress and if you have any questions about Painter, please feel free to ask. I've been using it since Painter 4.. about 1995 or so, and though I don't know everything there is to know about this complex software, I'll be happy to help however I can.

Happy Painting! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Hello there,
    looks like you've been checking out some eyeball tutorials. They look pretty good.

T
    IP

Excellent nose. I like the earings too, especially the way they are uneven.

Good on you!

Sunny
    IP

I'm not sure my last post was - posted, that is.
    So, I'm giving it another try. Thanx for the great feed-back - sharing is much nicer than having the images just sitting in a folder somewhere.
    Re. eye tutorials - I haven't seen these, but I've seen lots and lots of eyes!!! Where might the tutorials be located???
    Again, thanx..........Joey (dudette)
    IP

Joey, here's a good eye tut..
    Not that you need it though, your eyes are great..
    http://www.3dluvr.com/content/artz/d...digital4-5.php
    IP

Here's a link to a discussion elswhere on the talkgraphics forum which starts out as a gradient question and ends up with a link to Kandesign for a truly amazing iris tutorial http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...1&m=2501981532

T
    IP