Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara X Patch

We have just updated the version of the Xara X patch program on the web site. This new version should solve the problems a few people are having with the previous patch program. After the patch has updated your installation of Xara, it will be identical to that created by the previous patch, therefore there is no need to download the new patch if you have successfully applied the previous version.

The problem with the previous patch appears to be that, when it was creating an updated version of one of the files, it was detecting that the original file was not the one it expected to see and therefore the program was stopping to avoid damaging the Xara X installation on the PC. One way of ending up with an old version of the file in question would have been to install the CD version of Xara X in the same place as the trial version without first uninstalling the trial version. The new patch is able to cope with this case as it contains patch data for both versions of the file.

Again, there is no reason to download this new patch if you have applied the previous version successfully and we still recommend that you uninstall all previous versions of Xara X before installing a new version.

If you have any problems with the new patch program, please email me at jonathanp@xara.com so I can help you resolve them as quickly as possible.

We have just updated the version of the Xara X patch program on the web site. This new version should solve the problems a few people are having with the previous patch program. After the patch has updated your installation of Xara, it will be identical to that created by the previous patch, therefore there is no need to download the new patch if you have successfully applied the previous version.

The problem with the previous patch appears to be that, when it was creating an updated version of one of the files, it was detecting that the original file was not the one it expected to see and therefore the program was stopping to avoid damaging the Xara X installation on the PC. One way of ending up with an old version of the file in question would have been to install the CD version of Xara X in the same place as the trial version without first uninstalling the trial version. The new patch is able to cope with this case as it contains patch data for both versions of the file.

Again, there is no reason to download this new patch if you have applied the previous version successfully and we still recommend that you uninstall all previous versions of Xara X before installing a new version.

If you have any problems with the new patch program, please email me at jonathanp@xara.com so I can help you resolve them as quickly as possible.