Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello fellow students of Painter!

Since we now have many threads to look through, I'll try and keep this thread for listing the posts that are geared toward beginners. Let's also try to put some links to other sites.

Ok,this is the first time I've tried to link directly to a thread from another thread (should work) Testing the links: (12-12-2000: revisionist history at work. . . [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] now i KNOW the links do work)

a brief tip on using the Painter clone/and trace feature (disticntly different from Photoshop--I think)

when can you safely delete the pre-built brushes file? the answer is here

Judy asks about getting rid of that pesky outline on a transparent selection

Jinny finds the ultra fine wash brush that got moved between versions 5.5 and 6

what seemed to be an incompatability between nozzles of older and newer versions of painter turned out to be a buggy patch (there is extra discussion on nozzles here

Robin gets us started on discussing books on Painter

Jinny answers a question on using varieties of Painter blurs

a discussion on moving impasto effect between Photoshop and Painter

Discussion on how to get stuff out of Painter and into Flash 4

brief discussion on the Painter scratch disk

BR's metal text effects

backgrounds for web etc

Athena's gradient pen experiment

Athena's Constellations, (fairy dust brush experiment)

big discussion about wood/lino cut effect

text effects and reflection maps in painter 5 and beyond

Monastic Bat's "Nickie"

BR's links to good Painter info sites

actually there are some posts in this thread sharing more painter sites

BR had a great topic here and then we "enhanced" it with some "basic art ideas"

Jinny Brown's tutorials (thanks for the URL Jinny!)

if you haven't seen one of Jinny's posts or clicked on the hyperlink in her digital signature, do stop here and visit it is worthy of many visits but be prepared: you may not want to leave her site for a while [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Jinny's main page

Jinny links to Corel Painter user survey

a good summary of some things to keep your Painter program running smoothly

Lots painter tips from DL Frost started as a discussion on Parrish Pastels

after Denny's prompting, BR gives us a link to an interesting german photo-surrealist

Be sure to look at other artists' work. Ask yourself how you might have done something similar and if you can't figure it out, ask the artist.

Artists such as

Monastic Bat art 2 (Nickie was art 1)

Monastic Bat: Angels

Monastic Bat: The Beast

How Monastic Bat goes about composing an image

Monastic Bat (image)

Jinny links to a halloween card and explains her effects

Mike posts two wonderful images for us and explains some

Stecyk66 posts two images (two ultimately. there were more but he moved them)

Stecyk66 and Jinny post Impasto images

Stecyk66: something serious

Monastic Bat: End of Days

DLFrost's mouse coup image uses texture and KPT filter to achieve its effect

a few offerings of christmas cheer from our members

Doodle's wonderful partially peeled orange (or other citrus fruit)

a long post of other questions about getting and keeping Painter running

I'll try to continue this quasi-index of our postings here. (of course i do fall behind sometimes, and I am imperfect . . . so if I miss something or mis-label something please understand [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]. But send me a note or post a correction or addition -- thanks in advance )

Thanks for taking the time to visit our forum here at talkgraphics!

Athena
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

(Whew! not a perfect list but ... I've got to take a break...Y'all have been posting a lot of good stuff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .... that get's us closer to the top of the forum postings.... will update again later.....and continue my forays into revisionist history [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

<hr>

april 9 2001

Thanks to Doodle. your work on updating your broken link (here in the forum) prompted me to begin updating the links here in this list.

*** revisionist history once again at work: changed references from i-us to TalkGraphics ***

Athena

***** april 22 2001****

addded inde links up to jan 4 2001

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on April 22, 2001 at 03:55 PM.]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Hello fellow students of Painter!

Since we now have many threads to look through, I'll try and keep this thread for listing the posts that are geared toward beginners. Let's also try to put some links to other sites.

Ok,this is the first time I've tried to link directly to a thread from another thread (should work) Testing the links: (12-12-2000: revisionist history at work. . . [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] now i KNOW the links do work)

a brief tip on using the Painter clone/and trace feature (disticntly different from Photoshop--I think)

when can you safely delete the pre-built brushes file? the answer is here

Judy asks about getting rid of that pesky outline on a transparent selection

Jinny finds the ultra fine wash brush that got moved between versions 5.5 and 6

what seemed to be an incompatability between nozzles of older and newer versions of painter turned out to be a buggy patch (there is extra discussion on nozzles here

Robin gets us started on discussing books on Painter

Jinny answers a question on using varieties of Painter blurs

a discussion on moving impasto effect between Photoshop and Painter

Discussion on how to get stuff out of Painter and into Flash 4

brief discussion on the Painter scratch disk

BR's metal text effects

backgrounds for web etc

Athena's gradient pen experiment

Athena's Constellations, (fairy dust brush experiment)

big discussion about wood/lino cut effect

text effects and reflection maps in painter 5 and beyond

Monastic Bat's "Nickie"

BR's links to good Painter info sites

actually there are some posts in this thread sharing more painter sites

BR had a great topic here and then we "enhanced" it with some "basic art ideas"

Jinny Brown's tutorials (thanks for the URL Jinny!)

if you haven't seen one of Jinny's posts or clicked on the hyperlink in her digital signature, do stop here and visit it is worthy of many visits but be prepared: you may not want to leave her site for a while [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Jinny's main page

Jinny links to Corel Painter user survey

a good summary of some things to keep your Painter program running smoothly

Lots painter tips from DL Frost started as a discussion on Parrish Pastels

after Denny's prompting, BR gives us a link to an interesting german photo-surrealist

Be sure to look at other artists' work. Ask yourself how you might have done something similar and if you can't figure it out, ask the artist.

Artists such as

Monastic Bat art 2 (Nickie was art 1)

Monastic Bat: Angels

Monastic Bat: The Beast

How Monastic Bat goes about composing an image

Monastic Bat (image)

Jinny links to a halloween card and explains her effects

Mike posts two wonderful images for us and explains some

Stecyk66 posts two images (two ultimately. there were more but he moved them)

Stecyk66 and Jinny post Impasto images

Stecyk66: something serious

Monastic Bat: End of Days

DLFrost's mouse coup image uses texture and KPT filter to achieve its effect

a few offerings of christmas cheer from our members

Doodle's wonderful partially peeled orange (or other citrus fruit)

a long post of other questions about getting and keeping Painter running

I'll try to continue this quasi-index of our postings here. (of course i do fall behind sometimes, and I am imperfect . . . so if I miss something or mis-label something please understand [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]. But send me a note or post a correction or addition -- thanks in advance )

Thanks for taking the time to visit our forum here at talkgraphics!

Athena

(Whew! not a perfect list but ... I've got to take a break...Y'all have been posting a lot of good stuff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .... that get's us closer to the top of the forum postings.... will update again later.....and continue my forays into revisionist history [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

<hr>

april 9 2001

Thanks to Doodle. your work on updating your broken link (here in the forum) prompted me to begin updating the links here in this list.

*** revisionist history once again at work: changed references from i-us to TalkGraphics ***

Athena

***** april 22 2001****

addded inde links up to jan 4 2001

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on April 22, 2001 at 03:55 PM.]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

ok just thought i'd bring this up front for any curious newcomers

Athena

Athena
    IP

Hello Painter fans!

this little list is a pseudo index of postings in this forum (as a gatekeeper, I've highlighted postings that I thought were useful)

Please see list above.. .we'll have to see how my links survive the handover. I will fix the links if they break (sigh)...URLs .... gotta love 'em.

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    Athena
    IP

ok I hope to get back to indexing the posts since Dec 21

(yikes! )

but in case we have new visitors to the Talkgraphics Painter Forum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ,

here is the index of posts with the URLs mended [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

(which admittedly is missing anything posted since dec 21. . . indexing takes brain power [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] and well, you dont have to be in california to have those lights shut down temporarily )
    Athena
    IP

alotta work T. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

I am glad somebody around here is organized. Thanks for keeping track of all this stuff and thank you for the kind words regarding my recent posting.

Greg.
    IP

things to do to improve this page....

add headings and organize links under the headings....

should improve the usefulness of the links

Athena
    Athena
    IP