Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

excuse my dumb beginners question....been trying to follow the tutorials in xaraxone and when I get to "drag guidelines with the selector tool" I dont seem to be able to do that ....I just get nothing when I drag or I can draw a red line box that vanishes as soon as I let the mouse button up.....how can I make the thing work....Thanks Ken
    IP

excuse my dumb beginners question....been trying to follow the tutorials in xaraxone and when I get to "drag guidelines with the selector tool" I dont seem to be able to do that ....I just get nothing when I drag or I can draw a red line box that vanishes as soon as I let the mouse button up.....how can I make the thing work....Thanks Ken
    IP

Ken

The normal selector tool arrow cursor should change to a cross with double-ended arrows pointing in the direction the guide line can be moved when the cursor is over a guide. If this isn't happening, open the Layer Gallery and make sure the <font color="#ff0000">Guide</font> layer has both boxes checked.

Post again if the above doesn't make sense to you, stating which tutorial you're attempting.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean
    IP

Hello Ken

Are you trying to add a guideline to your drawing?

If so you need to have the screen rulers enabled (Window > Bars > Rulers) or you can also use Ctrl L.

Place the cursor over the ruler and drag from the ruler onto the page.

Drag from the ruler on the left side of the screen to make a vertical guideline and drag from the ruler at the top of the screen to make a horizontal guideline.

If you enable Snap to Grid (right click on the page and select from the pop up menu), the guidelines will snap to the grid.

You can also double click on the ruler where you want the guideline to be placed.

Finally, too many guidelines? Right click on any guideline and select Delete from the pop up menu to remove it. Or to remove all guidelines, right click on the screen ruler and select Delete all Guidelines.

This help?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...
    IP