Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I managed this a month or so ago but i cant do it now.I want to copy thumbnails into even smaller rectangular selections so i can have a montage of my pics on one page. I,m sure i just copied an image, made a rectangular selection and pasted it in for each thumb - no problem. So why won't it work now and any idea where i've gone wrong? mike
    IP

I managed this a month or so ago but i cant do it now.I want to copy thumbnails into even smaller rectangular selections so i can have a montage of my pics on one page. I,m sure i just copied an image, made a rectangular selection and pasted it in for each thumb - no problem. So why won't it work now and any idea where i've gone wrong? mike
    IP

do you mean like a contact sheet? thumbs laid out in a table format? Or do you mean a true montage where you make a new image composed of all the thumbnails? which version of PS are you using? The latest versions, I think 5 and up, have a automated 'contact' sheet maker under FILE--AUTOMATE I believe?

You should also be able to drag and drop using the move tool between your source files and your new destination file if that helps?

~Vp~
    ~Vp~
    IP

Do you need to use "Paste Into"?

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    IP