Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm afraid vertical-align in the CSS (and in the HTML) doesn't work for me. It could be that I have an image in the same table row. Netscape and Opera behave properly but IE doesn't. If you have a look at my Bricks and Brass site (www.bricksandbrass.co.uk), it's the heading at the top of every page.

What does work is including valign=top in the html - which pushes the N/O version to the top and the same position as IE, and then adding padding-top to the CSS.

I feel sorry for people doing sites all day - I am mainly doing the content so these little gotchas are real time-wasters!

All I can say is "hooray for Dreamweaver templates" - rebuilding the site is tedious but fairly quick.

Thanks again...

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Valign is valid in a TR tag, since HTML 3, it just isn't used that way often.

Most people are used to using tables with the valign and align properties in their TD tags, but both properties are supported for TR tags.

An old-timer web designer showed me how to use these properties in TR tags, but I just couldn't seem to get my mind around WHY one would do so in most cases.

Also, there is a quirk to using these in TR tags, though I can't recall what that quirk was.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll