Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello folks,
    This is my first P7 attempt. I am leaving for San Frisco for a week or two. I will be happy to respond to any comments or questions when I get back.

Greg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Remember.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	6409  
    IP

Hello folks,
    This is my first P7 attempt. I am leaving for San Frisco for a week or two. I will be happy to respond to any comments or questions when I get back.

Greg.
    IP

Greg,

how do you like your new painter 7?

is it working smoothly for you ?
    do the brushes feel the same? do they lay down the lines the way they did in painter 5 and 6?

any areas in the new painter that feel like you'll need to give yourself time to get the hang of?

I like the effects in the picture but for the moment i can't isolate why. I do know i like the way you used the canvas texture.

Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Hi Monastic Bat,

I too would like to hear more about your painting, the story behind the painting, what brushes you used, and your impression working with Painter 7.
    IP

Hi folks,
    Well, I am back and peddling like hell to catch up, ninety-two E-Mails (five messages, 87 jokes) and a bunch of phone calls. I think I am about as caught up as I can be.
    The trip was an experience to remember. There were more Bar Tenders in San Francisco’s airport than there were passengers when I got there. On the way back things had started to improve. There were more people, Air Marshals and a very thorough search of my person to highlight the trip home.
    Now to get back to this business;

T. Athena Hatton and Eky

So far I like the new program. The install went smoothly and everything seems to be working correctly. There are a lot of things that will require some adjustment on my part. I feel like the brushes act a bit differently than V6. The Water Color brushes and layers will really take some getting used to but so far I like them. I wish Corel had spent a little more time making fewer brushes that were easier to use instead of a lot of brushes that require a bunch of tweeking. The Zoom feature is another area that is neat but again needs some adjustment on the users part.
    All things considered, I would give V7 a 3.75 of 4.0. I will no doubt change this after I have used it for a while.
    This painting was the first image done with P7. I used a variety of Water Color brushes, some from P6 and some custom brushes.
    After the Sept. 11th. attack and the talk of war, this image came to mind. During WW2 people, where I lived as a child, put a blue plaque in their window. A white star or stars signified family members in the Armed Forces. Gold stars were used for a family member killed in action.
    IP

star in the window. so that's what it means.

.....~ghi~
    IP