Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello,

I'm using Corel 11 and I've noticed that having 'snap to node' switched on doesn't always mean the line will snap exactly to another node.

I've changed the snapping threshold to 'High', but if I zoom in I can still see that it doesn't snap exactly to another node.

Is there a way to make the snapping exact?

Thanks.

Kevin.
    IP

Not really, this was a major bone of contention with snapping in CorelDRAW 10 and 11, when attempting to snap complex objects to other complex objects, in the Corel hosted newsgroups.

Draw 9 (without SP 2's V8 compatibility snap mode), Draw 10 and Draw 11 had a many snap points to many snap points model.

However the following may help.

First in the options/snapping dialog make sure that you have

Snapping threshold Medium

Objects being moved -

Snap to cursor position OFF
    Use Object Nodes On

Object in Drawing Window-

Snap to nodes ON

all other options OFF

This won't help with complex drawings but should enable you to snap simple shapes to other simple shapes at there node positions similar to earlier Draw versions.

In Draw 12 it has now reverted to one node snap point in the object to be moved, to many destination snap points in the target object, along with a host of other goodies like dynamic guides and intermediate 'virtual snap' points.

HTH

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Thanks for the tips. I'll give them a go.

Up until now I've been using Draw 7, so I was a bit surprised to find that 11 didn't snap as accurately.

It's also good to know it's not just something that I've missed!

Thanks for your help.

Kevin.
    IP