Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Back when my son was five I created this 13k two-frame animation of David giving you a little kiss.

I used a single picture. For the second frame I overlayed copies of his eyes and his mouth that I had distorted. I set the display time of the first frame to be much longer than the second so it didn't just flash quickly between frames.

Why not try doing your own examples and post them here. We could have a whole bunch of kisses!

(I think you don't see many photo-based animated gifs on the web because the programs that most people use, don't have as good a gif export as Xara).

Regards, Ross

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on March 04, 2001 at 07:53 AM.]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well, the subject line says it all... and the same goes for your animated boat! And no, I've not been quite happy with my sky either, so I'll take another look at it.

Thanks...

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

[This message was edited by Peter Duggan on March 04, 2001 at 08:43 AM.]

Ross, Have you been letting your son try Xara to "doodle" with? Got anything to post?

Perhaps, this could be a fun "contest". Xara users have their children create stuff and submit it. If their were enough entries there could be age groups, for example: 3-6, 7-10, 11-13, 14-18. The "winner" would get a T-Shirt made from their artwork or something donated from this forum, the Xara Gallery, or Featured artist, etc., AND maybe a donated copy of Xara X to their school or church.

Good idea with the contest, John. My only fear is that if I let my 5-year old daughter try to do something on Xara, I'll jump in and say, "No, no! Try doing this instead. And here... let me show you how to apply this effect... and here's a cool thing you can do." Next thing you know, I'll be competing with a bunch of other 5-year olds -- only under the guise of my daughter's name. (I'd probably still lose!)

joroho
    Wise men still seek Him.

nice pic of your son. Ross, and a cute animation. Brings back memories when my two girls were 5 and had never heard of limp bizgit.. now emerging teens with attitude

but to get back to the point <font size="1">(Q?? point?? you gotta be joking)</font> I notice that the littler artists find vector drawing very peculiar, hence my girls' preference for photoshop.. but they do sometimes make excellent animations using Webpainter, which is like a cross between windows paint and gif constructor. (with a wacom pen of course).

"No They Dont!" Department.. alright, reality check.. they now spend their virtual time typing cryptic text into MS chat with earsplitting cds playing simultaneously.. ah to be 5 again..

Q

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> "No, no! Try doing this instead. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm grinnin' ear to ear from your post Joroho. That's me to a "T". I have an 11 year old daughter who I feel really sorry for when I do that. I HAVE to leave the room after watching her use Xara for 30 seconds. It's pretty bad watching someone play with Xara without diving into thier shell with them

Wayne [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Joroho and Ivca - I too have trouble inspiring my boy to play with xara without my getting in his face too much. David seems to enjoy telling me what to draw for him while I wish he'd do it himself. I'm hoping that if he watches me enough eventually he'll just "know" how to do it himself. He's six now - I'll give him until he's nine. If he can't use xara by then I'll put him up for adoption [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on March 08, 2001 at 07:19 PM.]