Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Well, I have been testing out my new upgraded machine... which btw, I changed power supply, mobo's, processor, ram, and vcard, from a once Celeron 400, to now being a Athlon 2200+, and wow, what a difference when doing the 3D thing eh... like light speed compared to what I was used to before this upgrade...

anyways, I have just finished crafting up a chess board and the chess pieces for a tut I am doing up... modeled in Wings3D, and rendered out in C4D CE...

Will include this in a scene soon, now that I have some power to do so...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chesssetwire.gif 
Views:	268 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	12581  

Well, I have been testing out my new upgraded machine... which btw, I changed power supply, mobo's, processor, ram, and vcard, from a once Celeron 400, to now being a Athlon 2200+, and wow, what a difference when doing the 3D thing eh... like light speed compared to what I was used to before this upgrade...

anyways, I have just finished crafting up a chess board and the chess pieces for a tut I am doing up... modeled in Wings3D, and rendered out in C4D CE...

Will include this in a scene soon, now that I have some power to do so...

never did the whole chesset thing, so I am pretty happy doing so... and I know, the pieces are pretty basic, but... remember, this is for a tut, for those just getting into 3d to pick up and follow nicely... which, btw, I have the tut's for the board and the pawn ready now if anybodies interested, I would be happy to post them...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chessset.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	14847  

You said I should not call myself a novice and you say your chess set is basic!

Very well done.

Turan

Looking good! I for one always enjoy tuts, so post away.

Great looking rendering Gidgit, nicely illuminated. Congrats on the upgrade. Surely you will be having a lot of fun now.

Hey, thanks you guys....

and yea, the new rig is fun fun fun

I will start a new thread with the tut's, and be forewarned, it is graphic intensive...