Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, anyone, can PI7 take a folder full of images and split them, generating the HTML code? If so, was that already available in PI6 (the manual is far from clear)? Many thanx

Jon
    Jon
    IP

hi Jon... are you looking for some sort of macro like task here ? I know for a fact that PI can do some pretty cool batch like tasks, but to tell ya the truth, I have not much call for batch photo to save as html sort of thing...and I do the web design thing quite often [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Bottom line, you can batch a folder to enhance, optimize bla bla bla, but saving as html requires a slice first, even if it is just the whole image as one slice, ya still need that slice...and no, I dont think you can batch slice, least ways I have never done this sort of thing...though one can save the slice file and apply it to any other image file, preferably of the same dimensions hehe, so it really wouldn't surprise me that this sort of thing may be possible, just I personally don't really see the need for such...and as such have never wondered if this was possible... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

This program, for what it can do, for the price you pay, is astounding...
    IP

Here's a way. Open any image. Then open the quick comman panel (view menu / toolbars and panels or CTRL + F2) and click the left most icon (task menu commands) and click new. A pop up window will appear where yoiu can name a new task ("saves as html" for example). Press record on that window and then to record the action into that command name for saving as an html page , goto file on the PI program then "save for we" and then "as html" and save in some test folder or something. Then after that press the stop button on the quick comman panel. Now your command is stored.

Now if you have a bunch of images you'd like to change into html pages, open the quick command panel then click the right most button icon (batch task) and on that screen make sure the task is the one you saved ("save as html" or whatever you named it). You can choose a source folder where all these images are and below a destination folder where they should be saved (choose "save to this folder and close" and choose a destination folder to save to). Press ok and it will do all the work. Unfortunately it appears to ask you to save each time which is annoying as it would be great to just leave it. but just press enter each time to speed things up.

the quick comman panel should be able to make a more complex series of commands t record and use over for many images. and by using the batch process , you can save a lot of time for large numbers of items.

Hope this helps

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg
    IP

"save for we" should have been "save for web" .... darn proof reading elves ... I'll have to fire some of them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

IP

hey hey, way ta go there Dave... though I never find a need for this, I am glad to hear that such is in fact possible ( as suspected )... you da man [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] durn elves seem ta have a mind of their own sometimes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

gusys, what else can I say. As I have sites which are virtually entirely images (such as www.frs17.com), batch processing is essential. There is an application (URL below) which should do what I want for $25 but the author has not yet confirmed how the natching works (I'm sure he will, though). To be frank, not having to press a key is well worth paying for but maybe Ulead will take that on board (Equilibrium did that with the awesome DeBabeliserPro).

http://www.imagecure.com/imgsplit.html

Jon
    Jon
    IP

Well it might have been that I didn't look close enough as this was really the first thing I'd done along this line of commands. Perhaps there's a thing to check or something so it doesn't ask you to save each one. I'll have to check it out later

IP

I'm just wondering if Ulead people watch this forum (and others), like Jasc certainly watched the Xara forum at i/us! When I tried asking a question using the website address, I remember I got absolutely nowhere

Jon
    Jon
    IP

I've now discovered that "batch file" means different things to different people! although I had folder processing in mind, the author was thinking in terms of DOS commands (fondly remembered) applied to just one image. The application is still very nice, though

Jon
    Jon
    IP

In PI "Batch" means just that...do up a whole folder at a time effects, formats etc...we had this conversation on a another thread I believe... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I am not sure if Ulead watches this forum as much as they do a couple other PI specific forums, though I can tell you that the moderator of the PI forum here ( Steph ) is highly respected with the people at Ulead... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP