Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Occasionally, I need to place/import a PDF into a CorelDraw document. For instance, I might receive an ad as a PDF to be placed in a newsletter. In version 9, this was no problem. There was a wizard that allowed selection of a single page from any multi-page PDF and an EPS of that page was generated for placement in the Draw document. I also had the option of opening any PDF as a separate Draw document, which usually did very strange things to type, but perhaps understandably.

However, in version 10 any attempt to import a PDF causes it to become virtually "opened" on the page as individual objects, with the aforementioned font problems. The EPS conversion gizmo is gone.

What I'm wondering is, is this the case for everyone? Or have some of you found a way to continue to import PDF's into Draw documents?
    IP

Occasionally, I need to place/import a PDF into a CorelDraw document. For instance, I might receive an ad as a PDF to be placed in a newsletter. In version 9, this was no problem. There was a wizard that allowed selection of a single page from any multi-page PDF and an EPS of that page was generated for placement in the Draw document. I also had the option of opening any PDF as a separate Draw document, which usually did very strange things to type, but perhaps understandably.

However, in version 10 any attempt to import a PDF causes it to become virtually "opened" on the page as individual objects, with the aforementioned font problems. The EPS conversion gizmo is gone.

What I'm wondering is, is this the case for everyone? Or have some of you found a way to continue to import PDF's into Draw documents?
    IP