Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

I often do what Egg does as well, and that's no yoke!

Anyway .. here's a file with an interesting and relevant spin to it. In it, there are two rectangles, the bottom one has a straight white to black linear fill. The one on top is a combination of three overlapping rectangles of equal size. The bottom (of the top series) has a red to red "alt-rainbow" linear fill. The one above that (middle rectangle) has a white to black linear fill with stainglass transparency. The one on top has the same but with a bleach transparency. The result is somewhat reminiscent to the KPT filter color picker. Presently, it resides on its own layer ... but you can move aside or lock it, or hide it ... but with it, you can color objects in the way Gary has suggested above. You can build named color palletes or you can customise new color bars for yourself using this technique of black to white transparent overlays to lighten or darken a Hue....

I hope this is useful to someone out there. Here's what it looks like ... you can download the .Xar file from my next post.

Regards, Wayne [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pallete.jpg 
Views:	589 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	19665