Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello, our site http://www.tuxedoroyale.com/new/aboutus.asp (in development) is using the "greycrescent" template (version 1.1) for the vertical nav bar on the left side. How do I get the text to align left and not centred on the resulting buttons?

I know this is available to sub-menus, but where do you set this up for main buttons?

Thanks, Dino

Hello, our site http://www.tuxedoroyale.com/new/aboutus.asp (in development) is using the "greycrescent" template (version 1.1) for the vertical nav bar on the left side. How do I get the text to align left and not centred on the resulting buttons?

I know this is available to sub-menus, but where do you set this up for main buttons?

Thanks, Dino

Dino,
    I had this same question a while back and couldn't find a solution. I e-mailed Xara support and they responded back saying that it is not possible to re-align the text on the nav bar buttons.

By the way, on your website the top horizontal nav bar buttons have black text for the "active" page while the other buttons have white text. How did you achieve that.

You can if you use Xara x1 to recreate the menubuttons... if I get time tonight I will give you an example...

Originally posted by BQ:
    Dino,
    I had this same question a while back and couldn't find a solution. I e-mailed Xara support and they responded back saying that it is not possible to re-align the text on the nav bar buttons.

By the way, on your website the top horizontal nav bar buttons have black text for the "active" page while the other buttons have white text. How did you achieve that.
    BQ,

Here's the process I used:

1) Select a design
    2) Add text for buttons & choose size etc...
    3) On the color choices, here's where you select the "active" color. Using the simple interface, you can choose a color for page background, theme, text off, over and selected
    4) Texture (plain)
    5) Size (I use 720 pixels)
    6) Menus. On the button properties tab, make sure you check the boxes, mouse off, mouse over and selected. This is where the "active" feature kicks in. If you highlight the selection, you'll see the resulting effect.
    7) Save er up!

Dino

Originally posted by John Rayner:
    You can if you use Xara x1 to recreate the menubuttons... if I get time tonight I will give you an example...
    John,

If that option was available in version 1, you'd think it would be continued in 1.1. Do all the buttons created in 1.1 have to be centered?

Dino

Hello Dino,

to explain a little more... Menu maker is a menu program written by Xara Ltd. Xara X1 is there flagship product. The best graphic design tool on the market.

You can recreate the buttons any way you want in xara X1 as long as you size them the same and name them the same. For example...

This link will take you to a menubar created with MM. If you mouse over button1 you will see what can be done with xara X1... The text is no longer centered, it just happens to be upside down and running backwards also to illustate the point a little more without spending lots of time.

If you follow this link you can learn even more about xara x1 and what it can really do. Besides play with a couple buttons.

I know, I am a smart A$$...

Dino,
    Thanks for the information.
    BQ