Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I think I've been doing too much gardening and thinking about the dragon painting I'm working on lately.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grneye3.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	7280  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I look forward for that dragon.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Has a cool organic look. I love the combination of leafy lids with the sharp eye.

IMHO I think the image would be more evocative with a round pupil. It would 'humanize' it and that would add more mystery to it. Throughout our evolution as a species we have looked into each other's eyes. From them we judge interest, lies, depravity, inteligence, etc. Of course some seek the same communication looking into animal eyes - I just don't think they carry the same emotional impact for as many people.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Maya, so nice to see you here, it's been a little while, I think everyone is just so busy right now with projects it's a slow crawl all over TG!!

The eye reminds me of something akin to a mixture of plant life and human (male or female or?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]). Looks like it would be a creation of Poison Ivy, one of Batmans foes. But a version of her that knows how to do biogenetics. It's really cool looking. I just keep starring into it's eye and s l o w l y..f ee l...s o o o....s t r a n g e.....a l l......o f.......a........s u d d e n.........ACK!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks Roman---I'll post a pic of the dragon painting when it's done. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks Ross---I fully understand what you mean about "eye communication", and I think it would look good that way too. This was supposed to be along the lines of a dragon eyeball, very alien to us...not something one would particularly want communication with. Reptilian, vegetalian (defintely a new word!), cold....odd [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !!! Gees, I guess we do try to communicate with those of this nature sometimes!!! :-)

Hi RAMWolff---Thanks!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I thought it would be fun---and as "Bill the Cat" would say: "Ack!!!" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Have a great day!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Hi Maya,

Very nice image! I don't know why, but it makes me think of "Invasion of the Body Snatcher", the original from the 1950's.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Oh I love that movie!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] In fact I have the original (blk and wht version with Kevin McCarthy) on DVD! I can see what you mean about the vegetation-look going here, now that you mentioned the movie it does remind me of those types of things too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] It was a just for fun "doodle". I've posted another version with a round pupil and many other changes under the "Alien Eye For Ross" thread also.
    Thanks for your reply!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain