Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Can anyone tell me how to create the background image on this website. particularly the jagged things coming out of the orb. It doesnt matter what image editing program you need just tell me how. Here's the link
    IP

Can anyone tell me how to create the background image on this website. particularly the jagged things coming out of the orb. It doesnt matter what image editing program you need just tell me how. Here's the link
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

the answer to your question would require a complete tutorial...but it appears to be done either by combining various shapes, (circles, elipses, rectangles) or by starting with a rectangle and subtracting shapes, depending on which program you use. Once you have the shape you want...then you can color and bevel, etc.

Or....if you have a waccom pen you could draw the basic shape...or draw it on paper and then scan it in. Select your shape...add a layer and do your work on the layers. Once done...delete your drawing ...add a background and voila!

If you're absolutely, positively, going to die if you don't have it...the simple way would be to buy it....he's selling it for $35.00 in his store...and that's cheap!

Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    IP

Actually i was kinda wondering how to create the metallic look. Sorry for not being clear enough.
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

Jon, there are several ways...

One is with the use of Blade Pro. You can get a 30 day trial version at Blade Pro and you'll find a shiny gold preset at Web Graphics on a Budget

Otherwise you can create the effect in a graphics program...

for PSP - Pinoy has a great tutorial at text Tutorials

or for Photoshop...check out Designs by Mark

There are tons of other places that have good tutorials...so a web search on gold text will lead you in the right direction. Keep in mind that what works for gold...will work for another color too....

Hope that helps!

Joelle

P.S. In fact Pinoy has a great many tutorials...I just saw one for rusted gears there...and you had asked about gears in an earlier post.

Joelle

IP

jon, i know this may sound incredibly polemic, but please try to migrate to COREL XARA X and you will be able, in no time at all to create your effect, honest!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    IP

I already have XaraX. It was the first program I used for graphics and then I discovered PSP, I love it. You simply can't do some of the things you do In XARAX. My graphics have increased in quality ten-fold. I'm starting a website soon where I'm gonna sell interfaces. I'm putting the final touches on and it should be up and running in a few weeks( I work on meta tags for a week to get them as good as possible). I'll post the link when its ready. Did I mention I was 14.

Jon
    IP