Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

PI7 is driving me nuts.
    I spent 7 days trying to do what I think a stupid thing!
    How do you merge 2 different shapes in one and then apply a 3d effect like the gel (like an "any shape button")
    Please do not tell me: merge as a single object and stuff like that. I tried and tried and tried: the result is always 2 shapes that both glue together but show their original shape or a "hole" depending if I apply the "even-odd fill".
    What I would like to have is possible only with a free-hand drawing. How is it possible?
    If this program can not do this simple task (in my opinion: merge to perfect shapes together) it is very sad.
    Please prove me that I am wrong and stupid!

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Robin
    IP

PI7 is driving me nuts.
    I spent 7 days trying to do what I think a stupid thing!
    How do you merge 2 different shapes in one and then apply a 3d effect like the gel (like an "any shape button")
    Please do not tell me: merge as a single object and stuff like that. I tried and tried and tried: the result is always 2 shapes that both glue together but show their original shape or a "hole" depending if I apply the "even-odd fill".
    What I would like to have is possible only with a free-hand drawing. How is it possible?
    If this program can not do this simple task (in my opinion: merge to perfect shapes together) it is very sad.
    Please prove me that I am wrong and stupid!

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Robin
    IP

hehe...no biggie, try this...

Take one 3d object and position it over the other 3d, select the bottom object by ckicking on it... hit the Z merge button and select Z merge and move the slider up/down until you have reached the effect you are looking for... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Another possibility -- Duplicate your image and objects by hitting Ctrl+D. Fill both objects with black, 2D Mode, and arrange them as needed. Do Edit, Trace and you'll end up with a single 3D Path object that you can apply Gel and other presets to.

Stephanie

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    IP

It took me some time but I did it!
    I really don't know what I did but I got the
    result!
    I guess I am really dumb..
    Anyway,
    Thank you ... now I can go to sleep!!

R
    IP

Wow, cool stuff Steph...

I have ta watch where I am stepping, I keep walking into stuff... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    IP

Glad it worked for you Robin [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    IP