Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm running OS9.

in the get infor box in the top left, one can copy and paste the icon. If one copies an icon that has transparency it will paste with transparency into another get info box thus changing the desktop icon.

The problem I'm having is that if I want to make my own icon with transparency in photoshop it does not keep transparency when pasting.

I've tried copying a transparent layer and I've also tried saving the file as a pict and also as a pict resource but I can't seem to get it to paste with transparency intact.

any suggestions?

cheers.

T
    IP

I'm running OS9.

in the get infor box in the top left, one can copy and paste the icon. If one copies an icon that has transparency it will paste with transparency into another get info box thus changing the desktop icon.

The problem I'm having is that if I want to make my own icon with transparency in photoshop it does not keep transparency when pasting.

I've tried copying a transparent layer and I've also tried saving the file as a pict and also as a pict resource but I can't seem to get it to paste with transparency intact.

any suggestions?

cheers.

T
    IP

here is a sample if it makes it any clearer. You can clearly see that the icon has tranparency. But as you can see it will only paste with transparency into another get info box. Does anyone know how to paste transparency from photoshop onto the clipboard and then into the get info box?

As you see I can copy the icon with the arrow into photoshop with transparency intact. But I cannot copy it back out of photoshop and then into a get info box without losing the transparency.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icontest.gif 
Views:	131 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	2854  
    IP