Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I just finished 3D Luvr's tut on painting tomatoes. It took several days((and nights, lol))I think it still could use some tweeking, but I changed my mind..
    Hope you like tomatoes...
    http://creationsbydawn.net/showoff/dr-tomatoes2.jpg
    IP

I just finished 3D Luvr's tut on painting tomatoes. It took several days((and nights, lol))I think it still could use some tweeking, but I changed my mind..
    Hope you like tomatoes...
    http://creationsbydawn.net/showoff/dr-tomatoes2.jpg
    IP

Dawn,

Although I'm not a tremendous fan of tomatoes in general. That delicious looking picture certainly makes me want some.

Fantastic job! Thank you for posting that.

Athena
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The angle of the table is interesting, the colors are wonderful. the water effects are fantastic!
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Delicious looking tomatoes, Dawn. I have that tut printed out......haven't decided to tackle it yet though.
    IP

Great job! I'll have to try that tutorial sometime. The waterdrop effect is awesome.

Tracey
    T-Lynn Miller Designs
    IP

Yes I have to agree the tomatoes look good. Nice almost ripe colour.

However unlike previous viewers I feel it is let down by the water. It looks more like the way sweat is drawn on cartoons.

I think a more beaded dewy effect would look more appetising.

Thelonious (part time art critic)
    IP

Thank you all for looking. Oh boy Thelonious, if you knew how hard those water drops where for me to do, beading would be a snap..lol
    I followed the tut and she had water on them, pretend I just washed them getting ready to salt and eat..hee hee
    IP

OK point taken. It was an honest opinion which I presume you would want. I suppose when you can paint that well I feel compelled to encourage you to new levels of excellence.

I meant no disrespect to the technique of the water. The critisism is a reference to how subliminal psychological effects must be taken into account.

You notice the way that almost every cartoon drawing of a pillow has the corners sticking out like elbows and how stripped ticking is invariably drawn as well. It may not be consciously noticed but it goes in.

I'm very conscious of cartoon conventions like stink lines or motion lines, they have an effect out of all proportion to what they are.

So for me the particular shape of the drops locked into a part of my brain that registers sweat in cartoons. I found this incongruous with the lush edible look of the tomatoes.

T
    IP

Thelonious, honest opinions are always welcomed. I am quite new to this medium and just love the ease of these brushes. I also thought my drops where a bit heavy but I worked on it so long I thought I couldn't do them any better.
    Thanks for looking at it critically too. Funny, I thought you'd mention my off kilter wall, hahaha I didn't notice it till I posted the pix..lol
    IP

Off kilter wall? I see no off kilter wall. No the walls are fine, in my humble opinion, a nice balance with the toms.The drop on the far left side of the left hand tom is pretty good too very realistic. By the way where is this tut?

T
    IP