Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

When I open a photo in Ulead PhotoImpact 8 (or vers 5) I find that the image is darker than on all the following graphics programs: Ulead Photo Explorer 7, Pixia, Adobe Photoshop, Irfan View, Paint Shop Pro, Netscape 7. To make the photo look the same as all these others I have to click twice on the brightness tab on the toolbar.

The problem is that when I scan a photo other people will not necessarily be seeing it with PhotoImpact, for example if I put it on the web. There is slight variations between the other programs, but it is barely noticeable.

I have looked for a setting in preferences. I have tried colour management, all the different settings without result. Can anyone help with this problem?
    IP

When I open a photo in Ulead PhotoImpact 8 (or vers 5) I find that the image is darker than on all the following graphics programs: Ulead Photo Explorer 7, Pixia, Adobe Photoshop, Irfan View, Paint Shop Pro, Netscape 7. To make the photo look the same as all these others I have to click twice on the brightness tab on the toolbar.

The problem is that when I scan a photo other people will not necessarily be seeing it with PhotoImpact, for example if I put it on the web. There is slight variations between the other programs, but it is barely noticeable.

I have looked for a setting in preferences. I have tried colour management, all the different settings without result. Can anyone help with this problem?
    IP

I don't personally see darker images since PI6, when JPG's were saved too dark. But I have heard this complaint before so it must be a real issue. I just don't know what the answer is. You might want to contact Ulead tech support to see if they have any suggestions.

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 8 and 7 Classes
    IP

Gamma settings??
    IP

I would suggest turning off the gamma settings too. Check out "file / preferences / general / display" ....... also dont use the colour management settings in "file / preferences / color management"

I had images which were different as viewed in a browser and those in PI years ago. It was due to my gamma settings (the grey boxes technically were matched but it's better to adjust your monitor if needed so these changes affacet everything viewed onscreen and not just altered in one program).

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg
    IP

Thanks D.King.
    You were correct. It was caused by matching up those little boxes. It has plauged me for months.

It took me at least 6 months to even notice something was wrong. Now I wonder how many other users have done the "right thing" with the little boxes and are saving photos with the wrong brightness. With thanks.

null
    IP