Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I installed Flash 5 some 24 hours ago and as much as I saw in Lessons and Tutorial files it doesn’t differ much from Illustrator, Image Ready and Corel RAVE, which I’ve been using for some time. So I’ve been wondering if there’s something, and I’m sure there is, I have to pay a special attention to. And till which point, if at all, is Flash compatible with PS7 and Ill10. Thanx.

[This message was edited by ClickIt on April 20, 2002 at 05:26.]
    IP

I installed Flash 5 some 24 hours ago and as much as I saw in Lessons and Tutorial files it doesn’t differ much from Illustrator, Image Ready and Corel RAVE, which I’ve been using for some time. So I’ve been wondering if there’s something, and I’m sure there is, I have to pay a special attention to. And till which point, if at all, is Flash compatible with PS7 and Ill10. Thanx.

[This message was edited by ClickIt on April 20, 2002 at 05:26.]
    IP

What are your trying to do?

Do you need vector graphics?
    Then go with Illustrator, Deneba Canvas, XaraX, Freehand or even Corel Draw.

Do you want Flash animations?
    Then go with Flash MX. Other programs like rave, swish or livemotion only offer limited actionscript and that is exactly what makes the difference. If actionscript is not so important for you, then swish is a very cheap alternative.

You can import files from PS, AI, FH, XaraX, Canvas (has 2 flash export modes) and others into flash, just make sure you export the files with the right version no.

Or are you looking for s.th. different?

You might also have a look at
    flashkit
    IP

I want to use Flash for Web design, naturally.
    IP

Basically, you have 3 options:

- Design the flash movie and all vector graphics directly within Flash.

- Design everything within Illustrator, Freehand etc., then export as .swf (without touching MM Flash).

- Make the design with Illustrator, Deneba Canvas, XaraX etc. and then import into Flash.

Many people prefer the 3rd option, because it gives you the most power and options. If you use MM Flash, then give Flash MX a try (you can download a demo version directly from their website). MX has some really nice additions.

The main difference between MM Flash and Rave, Livemotion, Swish etc. is the better implementation of actionscript. But actionscript is really useful in order to produce "intelligent" movies or applications.

There are demo versions for most applications available.
    IP