Hi All

Just been playing around with the free trial version of Ulead DVD Picture show, downloaded from www.ulead.com (The download is around 11 megabytes)

If you have a standalone DVD player and a CD-Burner it is definitely worth checking out.

I started with images at a resolution of 1024x768 (exceeds the resolution of a TV).

Then just assembled them in the program (no further editing required) and burned a VCD.

The results are quite simply astonishing, you can even add a sound track to the show.

The program employs an interlace filter to stop still images flickering, on my PAL TV the images were rock steady and sharp and the colours spot on.

If you burn a soundtrack with the image show, then it appears to be rendered as type of movie so will take up more space and navigating the show did not work too well on my player (but did play through perfectly). If you burn with out a soundtrack then the images are stored individually and can be stepped through forwards and backwards using track skip buttons.

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt